Thread: FTP for BackTrack 5

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default FTP for BackTrack 5

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was any FTP program available for BackTrack 5. Although I probably shouldn't have started wih BackTrack as my first real linux distro I did, so when I downloaded a file it was .tar.gz and I have no idea how to work with that on BackTrack. If there is any FTP native for BackTrack it would be really helpful.

Thanks

Default Re: FTP for BackTrack 5

Use Nautilus (File Manager). Places>Connect to server.
    Firefox is also an excellent FTP client, with fireftp addon.

a .tar.gz is a compressed archive file you need to untar it with the correct switch's " man tar ". But to be honest if this is your first linux you have worked on i suggest you grab something like ubuntu, read some linux books and mess around before you start playing with backtrack, that is IMO the best solution as it appears you are unfamiliar with linux and should know the basics

Just burned his ISO

a easy gui ftp to start off with would be filezilla... and ubuntu would be a good mix to start off with

Quote Originally Posted by hlmodedit View Post
    a easy gui ftp to start off with would be filezilla... and ubuntu would be a good mix to start off with
    Agreed. No point trying to run before you can even crawl.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.