Thread: 2wire with backtrack?

Just burned his ISO

Default 2wire with backtrack?

Hi there, I've recently searched the forums for installation in the first place. Now I got it. Well, problem is, I want to be able to get on TeamSpeak and other things with my friends.

Well, the problem here is that I have no Internet connection set up to my 2Wire ADSL box hosted by Bellsouth.

Is there a way I can get this Internet working? I really want to be able to start getting onto Teamspeak with my friends.

Thanks a lot, and good work.

-w4d

Developer

Default Tutorial

How to GET a internet connection.

1. locate desired ISP

2. locate ISP phone #

3 Give them a call

4. Explain you need internet{despretly need to get on team speak}

5. provide PAYMENT!!!!!!!!

6. recive connection

VOILA! the internet is yours for the taking

Just burned his ISO

No, no, I already have the Internet. It's installed on my Windows partition. It's not installed on my Linux partition(s). How do I install it?

Quote Originally Posted by w4d15 View Post
    No, no, I already have the Internet. It's installed on my Windows partition. It's not installed on my Linux partition(s). How do I install it?
    The Internet is installed on your Windows partition? The entire Internet? How did you do that?!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Ok, that didn't really help me at all..

Here's my problem, hands down:

I have Internet connection. It is setup to connect to my current 2Wire homeportal that is connected to my ISP: Bellsouth. Now, Windows is the only one set up with the router's software/drivers or whatever.

The drivers, I can't find them for Linux or can't do it from Backtrack. I need help!

Just burned his ISO

Also, I'm running on a router, and it's a USB router.

Just burned his ISO

Ok, here is what is happening...

I've tried setting my IP address on "Set my IP address" and the thing is, my network card is not plugged in; my router is a USB plugin that is only installed by simply windows software or something.

It's eth0 (my network card), and my ADSL is DCHP assigned.

If anyone can help me, please. I've been banned for no reason from the IRC...

EDIT: I can move my computer to the modem to connect to the Ethernet cable to my network card, if that is possible instead of the router? Please confirm!!

Quote Originally Posted by w4d15 View Post
    If anyone can help me, please. I've been banned for no reason from the IRC...
    I doubt you were banned for "no reason." On the other hand, you may have been banned for what you would think is not a very valid reason, but I doubt it was no reason.

You can probably go back in again at another time (when other people are around) and have no problems. Just ask smart questions.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";