Thread: POLL: Besides Aircrack-ng!!

Default POLL: Besides Aircrack-ng!!

Everybody agrees the aircrack-ng group of commands is outstanding. But with 280 other software programs on BT2, what is the next useful program or programs for BT2 users?

Can the forum participants comment? What is your favorite non aircrack-ng program and what do you use it for?

I would like to experiement with other programs but would like to know where to start .... outside of the aircrack-ng series.

Thanks,

Alacrity

Developer

the next thing to do is a security scan to find a availible exploit. Personally my favorite tool so far is dsniff. we were disscussing it it another thread if you have a old dell lap top or somthing else with dsniff running on a wireless network you can pick up all sorts of juicy Info. there was no mistake in the sub grouping of the menu in bt. Learn the tools in order . I have spent tons of time reasearching and testing each tool and i fear i still have only scratched the surface

Thanks for that input! I have two other old laptops just waiting to jump into the fray.

Alacrity

Developer

theoretical attack:

FIND WIRELESS TARGET- kismet

RECOVER KEY-aircrack

FIND ALL HOSTS ON NETWORK/AND OPEN PORTS-NMAP

SECURITY SCAN-GFI LANGUARD SCANNER{OR NESSUS IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL IT}
    operating system finger print- forgot what i use

then:
    CHOICE A: "FORGET YOUR LAPTOP RUNNING DSNIFF" in the ceiling of the mens room when you went to the bath room at the target location.
    CHOICE b: google your ass of and try to find a exploit for python or metasploit. both included in bt. this is a theoretical attack senario and was meant to be educational and in no way encourage any one to break the law.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    theoretical attack:

FIND WIRELESS TARGET- kismet

RECOVER KEY-aircrack

FIND ALL HOSTS ON NETWORK/AND OPEN PORTS-NMAP

SECURITY SCAN-GFI LANGUARD SCANNER{OR NESSUS IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL IT}
    operating system finger print- forgot what i use

then:
    CHOICE A: "FORGET YOUR LAPTOP RUNNING DSNIFF" in the ceiling of the mens room when you went to the bath room at the target location.
    CHOICE b: google your ass of and try to find a exploit for python or metasploit. both included in bt. this is a theoretical attack senario and was meant to be educational and in no way encourage any one to break the law.
    This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. This IS WHY WE NEED AN ESTABLISHED MEMBERS AREA! No offense intended to purehate, as we have developed a type of friendship here on the board, but these topics should NOT be talked about freely and openly to the general public. Especially when you say........
    this is a theoretical attack senario and was meant to be educational and in no way encourage any one to break the law.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Developer

your right xploitz we should have a private forum but the reality is that for a succsesfull penn test we must talk and think as if we are criminals. Ive never got in trouble for what I think feel or Belive only for what I have done in my actions. If this was a racist white power site we could talk about burning churches and lynching people and it would be fine because we are not acting on it. So I guess we will not talk about what could happen to our companys if some idiot from the idiot corner leauge learned how to use the powerful weapon they have. What I would do instead is start forums on how to protect agaist these tools as well as use them. no offense taken my friend

plus it was like 4 am were i am i had a few adult beverages so I apologize if I broke any unwritten rules. It will not happen again

your right xploitz we should have a private forum but the reality is that for a succsesfull penn test we must talk and think as if we are criminals. Ive never got in trouble for what I think feel or Belive only for what I have done in my actions. If this was a racist white power site we could talk about burning churches and lynching people and it would be fine because we are not acting on it. So I guess we will not talk about what could happen to our companys if some idiot from the idiot corner leauge learned how to use the powerful weapon they have. What I would do instead is start forums on how to protect agaist these tools as well as use them. no offense taken my friend

plus it was like 4 am were i am i had a few adult beverages so I apologize if I broke any unwritten rules. It will not happen again
    Yes, I agree that we sometimes have to think like criminals to test our sites and security....I suppose thats why there are black hats and white hats...the black hats try to break our security...and we try to prevent them from doing so. In a way their helping us out by "testing" our security. And thats what this post I made is all about.....
    Code:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=6881
    I'm trying to rally us a new edition to this forum where we can do all this...without fear of what the "idiots corner" and mischievous blackhats will read and might act out upon. I know that we cannot stop people from doing evil with our security tools...but we can at least deny them access to our "ESTABLISHED MEMBERS" section on this board where sensitive topics are discussed. Yes, a few in disguise probably will get in....but at least we tried and at least we can do our part by screening them as they become more active on this forum.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Smile

But then, you don't want to make it soooooooooooo confusing.... There will be very competent "white hat" inputs you will want to have. What type of transition process would you create and montior for someone to become a "member"?

On the other hand, true "black hats" will surely want to be in the "member"group and will make that happen. From what you say, their drive to do that is quite high.

You could become very paranoid in an environment like that.....as well as eliminating inputs you would have actually wanted.

In my case, I have 20 years experience as an engineer in RF & Microwave and love the engineering/techincal challenges of this hobby and sharing inputs to others......but could say...go ahead and enjoy your "member" group....

You may want to be a little careful how you handle it. You want folks to have an incentive to share.

My $.02.