Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA driver install - Error: Unable to find the kernel source tree......

r083rt

Default Re: NVIDIA driver install - Error: Unable to find the kernel source tree......

why did you mess with xorg if the driver was the right one there should be no need to edit the config file
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...-270.41.06.run 32 bit
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...-270.41.06.run 64 bit

there the drivers if you need them for x86 and x64

reinstall the driver and log out and log back in the driver should be loaded and working if it is update me and we can continue from there
    dont mess with any config file till i know whats going on with the card

thanks

r083rt

Default Re: NVIDIA driver install - Error: Unable to find the kernel source tree......

hi r083rt again.
    i'm tried http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree8...-270.41.06.run driver. the error still..I‘m quickly lost confidence.

I think the problem is that i have two graphicses. in the windows7 if i want to install nVidia driver must be install the intel's driver befor.
    Or the problem is that becuase why i can't see the nVidia card's Product Series.

If so that There was nothing I had!!

r083rt

if you are runing bt5 in virtual box within windows 7 u need to install virtualboxs tools or if you are using vmware vmtools for it to work

The BT5 has been installed on my hard disk with dual boot.

hi ghostdog67
    when i use add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates command there output:
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 643DC6BD56580CEB1AB4A9F63B22AB97AF1CDFA9
    gpg: requesting key AF1CDFA9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpg: key AF1CDFA9: "Launchpad PPA for Ubuntu-X" not changed
    gpg: Total number processed: 1
    gpg: unchanged: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese View Post
    hi ghostdog67
    when i use add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates command there output:
    Executing: gpg --ignore-time-conflict --no-options --no-default-keyring --secret-keyring /etc/apt/secring.gpg --trustdb-name /etc/apt/trustdb.gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --primary-keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 643DC6BD56580CEB1AB4A9F63B22AB97AF1CDFA9
    gpg: requesting key AF1CDFA9 from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
    gpg: key AF1CDFA9: "Launchpad PPA for Ubuntu-X" not changed
    gpg: Total number processed: 1
    gpg: unchanged: 1
    That is because the software sources is not available, Synaptic package manager is disabled by default on BT5, you need to : apt-get synaptic.
    But be careful dont mess around with Software Sources, dont activate anything or any extra updates.
    Good luck
    GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdog67 View Post
    That is because the software sources is not available, Synaptic package manager is disabled by default on BT5, you need to : apt-get synaptic.
    But be careful dont mess around with Software Sources, dont activate anything or any extra updates.
    Good luck
    GD
    the same error still. i'm use apt-get install apt-get synaptic. and apt-get update&apt-get upgrate.

you must have messed with the OS, i suggest , re-installing BT5 and then follow the instructions i gave you!
    good luck
    GD

Just burned his ISO

give these drivers a go if you are still having problems

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-d...30-driver.html

those 270 wasted a good two hours of my time until i tried the 173's.

Just burned his ISO

i did it like that
    first i have downloaded nvidia driver from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

u have to find right driver it is most important

2.step
    gksudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

3.step ( u will get blacklist open then just copy this in it....i did it on top of the page )
    blacklist vga16fb
    blacklist nouveau
    blacklist rivafb
    blacklist nvidiafb
    blacklist rivatv

4.step (remove old drivers)
    sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*

5.step
    Reboot your computer

after that it will say that it cant find screen...dont be scared, get in console....u cant use startx but use ls and go with cd to the file u saved nvidia drivers....
    root@bt:-$ ls
    Downloads desktop
    root@bt:-$ cd desktop (or whatever folder u downloaded drivers)
    root@bt:-folderwithdrivers$ sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-195.36.24-pkg2.run

done it for me, hope it will for u (i use backtrack 5 gnome.....netbook ion nvidia)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast