Thread: Backtrack Install

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack Install

I'm almost sure that this question was answered somewhere else on this forum... but iv been searching for the better part of two hours now, and its given me a headache like you cant imagine.... but for some reason the backtrack installer wont detect 2 of my partitions, and the two that it does detect are unmountable or some such nonsense. Then it just completely ignores the second hard drive where i want to install Backtrack.

But while i was setting up Backtrack on a testing computer, i read a post about installing the distro with a script, outside of the liveCD.... like... copy all the files to the partition you want backtrack installed on... run a script and its installed for you. But now for the life of me i cant find it, so if someone could direct me there it'd be great.

what are the two partitions are being ignored?
    what are you trying to unmount?
    when you fdisk you are using /dev/hdb right?

Just burned his ISO

I'm not sure which two are being ignored ls /dev | grep hd returns something to the effect of "hda1 and hda2" ....i cant mount those partitions to find out whats on them... which... if thats right, i guess hda1 = vista and hda2 = linux swap

im not trying to unmount anything... by "unmountable" i mean... unable to be mounted

im not using fdisk, i used gparted to repartition my second hard drive.... and created a 6gig partition at the end of it to install BT to

http://www.offensive-security.com/mo.../dualboot.html

try that. if that doesnt help, get at me on irc.

Developer

Smile

one thing when using that video the comand is boot/vmlinuz instead of boot/boot/vmlinuz when copying the kernel. happy motoring