I just installed the 32-bit gnome version of BT5. I've got 2 problems currently slowing me down. The first of which is probably easier.

My laptop has a Nvidia 8200 GPU. I go to the nvidia website, download the appropriate linux x86 drivers and run the command sh (driver filename). The installer opens and I can accept to start the install process but immediately after I am given the following error...

"Unable to find the kernel source tree for the currently running kernel. please make sure you have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and that they are properly configured;"

My second problem is related to my wireless card unfortunately. My laptop is a compaq CQ60215dx which comes with a ar5007 wireless card built in. Under wicd I see no wireless connections. When I do ifconfig I do not see wlan0. The wireless button is blue(on), and when pressed doesn't turn orange (off). This card works without issue on knoppix at boot btw, so I know the card can work with linux.

Any help is appreciated, I tried searching but it seems a lot of posts are locked or missing.