I'm gonna try it on my G2x when I get home hopefully it's smooth sailing
    HP DV7
    8GB DDR3
    Core i7-720QM
    Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

BT5-64bit x WIN7-64bit DualBoot

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Bt5 arm

I've tried on my G2x and it threw a bunch of error messages. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but when I try to launch bootbt, it cant mount any part of the disk image.

are you running the 2.3.3 update or froyo btw im setting it up now I will get this working tonite let me know if you get it running before me on your G2x
    HP DV7
    8GB DDR3
    Core i7-720QM
    Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

Just burned his ISO

Running it on cyanogen 2.3.4. I'll try and post specific error messages when I get home.

ok found errors with the help file (adb push installbusybox.sh /sdcard) should be adb push installbusybox.sh /sdcard/, also copy and paste bt5.img.gz because pushing it takes waaay too long. also uncompress the image with 7zip
    HP DV7
    8GB DDR3
    Core i7-720QM
    Nvidia GeForce GT 320M

Just burned his ISO

Error I'm getting:
    Code:
    #sh bootbt
    mount: can't setup loop device: No such file or directory
    mount: mounting devpts on /data/local/mnt/dev/pts failed: no such file or directory.
    etc....

Just burned his ISO

In regards to your loop device error, check out the this post on installing Ubuntu on android. One of the first things it talks about as a requirement for running linux chrooted is that your device must support loop devices.

First of all, you should have your Android device “rooted” because you need root access to run Ubuntu off your Android.

Second, your Android OS must support loop devices. Most newer Android smartphones/tablets come with this support so we can mount our Ubuntu image as a loop device. If not, you will either have to build your own kernel with support for loop devices or you can try an aftermarket ROM for your phone as most aftermarket ROMs come with support for it.

Just burned his ISO

For those of you that have successfully gotten bt5.img.gz gunzipped to the sdcard, how is your /mnt/sdcard/ partition formatted FAT32 or EXT2/3? If it is FAT32 how the heck did you get the img unzipped or transfered to the sdcard? I am still stuck with having problems due to the 4GB file size limit of FAT32.

Quote Originally Posted by robm999 View Post
    For those of you that have successfully gotten bt5.img.gz gunzipped to the sdcard, how is your /mnt/sdcard/ partition formatted FAT32 or EXT2/3? If it is FAT32 how the heck did you get the img unzipped or transfered to the sdcard? I am still stuck with having problems due to the 4GB file size limit of FAT32.
    I pulled the sd card out and mounted it directly on my win7 desktop. Then used MS Rich Copy to move it over.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Re: Bt5 arm

Code:
    mount -o loop,noatime -t ext2 $kit/bt5.img /data/local/mnt
    mount: can't setup loop device: No such file or directory
    This is where I get the error. Tried using adb shell to fiddle with the bootbt script and found that this is where the error comes in. From everything I can tell, cyanogen's kernel on the G2x has the capability for mounting loopback devices. Not sure what I'm missing...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast