Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bt5 arm

Hybrid View

Default Bt5 arm

Okay, so I got through most of the readme, but failed on the unzip part. Just how much space do we need on the sdcard?? I have 10Gb free, and ran out of space.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Default Re: Bt5 arm

Not sure what is going on there. Installed the ARM build on my xoom no problems at all. Not sure exactly how much space it took up. However, just looked at my used / available space and it seems as though BT5 ARM once extracted takes up about 4GB give or take. I do have to say it took a while to extract the .img file. I would try again if I were you. Hope this helps you out a bit.
    bostonlink - OSCP

Quote Originally Posted by bostonlink View Post
    Not sure what is going on there. Installed the ARM build on my xoom no problems at all. Not sure exactly how much space it took up. However, just looked at my used / available space and it seems as though BT5 ARM once extracted takes up about 4GB give or take. I do have to say it took a while to extract the .img file. I would try again if I were you. Hope this helps you out a bit.
    Yea, I uncompressed it on my desktop, it's 4.88Gb. Still haven't gotten it to my phone yet...
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Having the same problem here too.

/mnt/sdcard/ 12.78GB/10.44GB free
    /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/ 7.39GB/ 7.25GB free

followed install instructions and when trying to gunzip img file I get:
    Code:
    # gunzip bt5.img.gz
    gunzip bt5.img.gz
    gunzip: write: File too large
    gunzip: error inflating
    Tried moving the file to external sd and gunzip and I get the same error.
    Gunziped the img on my PC and then try moving to sd card with windows explorer and I get:
    Code:
    The file bt5.img is to large for the destination file system.
    Going to try one or two other things.
    ============================================
    UPDATE:

On my device /mnt/sdcard/ is formatted FAT32.
    FAT32 has a file size limit of 4GB.
    So what now?

Samsung Vibrant
    Trigger 3.2 ROM (Froyo 2.2)
    TigersBlood 3.22 kernal
    Last edited by robm999; 05-11-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Well it all depends what filesystem you are trying to extract the compressed gzip to. For instance if it is a FAT partition, it will not support files over 4GB. Therefore you may have to re-partition your sdcard to an ext3 partition.
    bostonlink - OSCP

Just burned his ISO

Will arm version work on Nokia 5800 as it have ARM 11 3**MHz processor....

probably not. The Xoom and atrix have a dual core 1MHz processor..and it runs "ok" on them. My feeling is that anything less will be annoying.

Just burned his ISO

So how does one go about installing this to a tablet (such as an ePad or other such android device)? Ive googled it and havent come up with much other than an old debian install guide that isnt even available anymore. Once you have a rooted Froyo device, how do you install or run this from your SD card? Sorry if these are noobish questions, but id like to get some more info before I go out and buy one of these devices (I find the idea of having such a portable device able to run backtrack very appealing).

Just burned his ISO

Installing BT5 on an Android device is similar to installing Ubuntu on an Android as detailed on Androlinux.

The basic install steps are detailed in the README included in the BT5-GNOME-ARM download. I suggest you go ahead and download it and take a look.

Ended up using rich copy from microsoft to copy the 5gb file to the sd card. Getting errors with the bootbt script. I'm thinking the Atrix is different enough from the Doom to cause problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast