Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backtrack 5 Gnome 64 bit .iso wont boot

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Backtrack 5 Gnome 64 bit .iso wont boot

im having same problem, i download bt5 64bit 4m torrent and burn it to dvd... when i try to install with my dvd(bt5), it isn't work

Quote Originally Posted by sinnerofheaven View Post
    im having same problem, i download bt5 64bit 4m torrent and burn it to dvd... when i try to install with my dvd(bt5), it isn't work
    What troubleshooting steps have you tried??
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

To all people with this problem, try downloading the iso , it is now available from the Backtrack website and that one runs smoothly an boots fine when you burn it witn unetbootin.
    People saying try anything or use a dvd burner to people without a dvd burner is not much of a help.
    There is/was clearly something wrong with the iso I downloaded via the torrent websites.
    I did not had this problem with the KDE 64 bit and the ISO provided by the Backtrack website.

Case solved for me (and hopefully for others too).

Great distro and artwork!

Love it!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by xmichielx View Post
    To all people with this problem, try downloading the iso , it is now available from the Backtrack website and that one runs smoothly an boots fine when you burn it witn unetbootin.
    People saying try anything or use a dvd burner to people without a dvd burner is not much of a help.
    There is/was clearly something wrong with the iso I downloaded via the torrent websites.
    I did not had this problem with the KDE 64 bit and the ISO provided by the Backtrack website.

Case solved for me (and hopefully for others too).

Great distro and artwork!

Love it!
    I had downloaded a KDE 32bit version of BT5 from the BT mirror in the U.S. and it was also corrupt, the md5sum did not match. I had the same boot error, so I'm downloading again... Don't be too critical, it did just come out, everything will be ironed out eventually.

Just burned his ISO

I'm having this same problem, getting operating system not found. I don't have a DVD drive to burn with. I downloaded the iso via torrent and the md5/sha1 both seem authentic:

BT5-GNOME-64.iso
    md5: 75C4E7A969ABC873D9E085656B156345
    sha1: BD3E5C1B45EF7C44E89E276505E088771E5B11BC

Just burned his ISO

BTW I tried "universal usb installer" (which directly supports BT5) and I get the same result, so the problem isn't unetbootin specific. I am curious, has anybody out there been able to boot to gnome 64 from a usb stick successfuly?

I'd edit my previous post but it hasn't shown up yet, so pardon there being two posts in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
    BTW I tried "universal usb installer" (which directly supports BT5) and I get the same result, so the problem isn't unetbootin specific. I am curious, has anybody out there been able to boot to gnome 64 from a usb stick successfuly?

I'd edit my previous post but it hasn't shown up yet, so pardon there being two posts in a row.
    Yes, and it was from the torrent from the first day.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

hello there!
    I had similar problem but now it's solved...I did install bt5 on 2 laptops succesufully (mine and friends) after figuring out what is going on.
    you may find thread about that in beginers forum which I've started 5 munutes ago and it has to be aproved by mods first.
    thread title is "[SOLVED]Backtrack 5 booting live USB - screen and startx issuse"

I hope that will work for u guys

Just burned his ISO

I used the unetbootin, but it goes through a bunch of system checks, then tells me there isn't a valid file system.....
    Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12