Thread: Priceless

Enigma101

Default Priceless

I've had a nice result today, I went out to a car boot fair and picked up two pentium 2 MMX IBM Thinkpads for £10 so I paid £5 each for them, got them home and found they both work flawlessly and the batterys are still in good condition.

I'm quite fond of backtrack so I'll be downloading it to stick it on one.

Two laptops for 5 bucks alongside my Easynote running x86 10.4.8.... Priceless

Anyone got any idea's of what I should stuff on the other one, I think they'll look nice in a photo with all three running side by side and I have a spare 60gig hard-disk so I can upgrade one of them and give it a bit more space.

As you can imagine I am extreamly pleased... Not everyday you pick up two laptops for 5 bucks.. )

I don't think you should put anything on the second one. I think you should package it up nice and safely and pop it in the post to me

I don't know what kind of setup you have at home there...

But myself, I have an old POS barely functional laptop connected to my home theatesystem. Use it to stream media (or rather, just music) over my wireless. Really handy. You could do something similar I suppose...

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

install minimum requirement linux distro like ubuntu server(command line only)

run some network analysis software, in one word make a dedicated sniffing only machines.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Developer

Smile

I agree ,create a lap top that you could leave somewhere to be a dedecated sniffer. dsniff,ettercap the posibilities are huge. who knows what kind of juicy tib bits you could pick up

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

i use to do this with one of mines..........get many interesting thing when "forgotten" in the "right place" at the "right moment"...........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006