Thread: DVD-Rom not supported

Just burned his ISO

Angry DVD-Rom not supported

I have backtrack livecd and i try to boot it but the terminal display an errors messages which is something like unsupported DVD-Rom. My DVD-Rom brand is liteon. I have forgetten the exact model. Please forgiveme. Beside that. i try to boot the livecd from my university 's computer but the screen appear

terminal-type ? . The cursor just stop there and i try to type command as below:
    gnome-terminal, konsole adn xterm. After this, the shell return unrecognized terminal.

Please help me in this incident. I have run out idea. Therefore, i post this thread in order to get some replies from expert.

Thanks for an y help and recommendations.

Your help is greatly appreciated by me and others.
    Backtrack enriched my life by by equipped myself with fantastic hacking skills i have ever know before.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_APIIT View Post
    ...display an errors messages which is something like unsupported DVD-Rom...
    can you get a bit more specific? What's the exact error message?

Just burned his ISO

Fine, Here is it.

fatal Error occured - LiveData not found searching for BT directory. You are using an unsupported boot device(e.g SCSI or PCMCIA cd-rom)
    Try to copy the directory BT from cd/USB to your harddisk. For example, to /mnt/sda1 in linux or C;| in windows. Then boot again.

Something went wrong and we can't continue. THis should never happen. Please reboot your computer with ctrl + alt + delete.

I warning the error message is sucks because its say this will neer hapen but it happen to me. Unlucky or other reasons.

By the way, thanks for any help and recommendations.
    Backtrack enriched my life by by equipped myself with fantastic hacking skills i have ever know before.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_APIIT View Post
    I have backtrack livecd and i try to boot it but the terminal display an errors messages which is something like unsupported DVD-Rom. My DVD-Rom brand is liteon. I have forgetten the exact model. Please forgiveme. Beside that. i try to boot the livecd from my university 's computer but the screen appear

terminal-type ? . The cursor just stop there and i try to type command as below:
    gnome-terminal, konsole adn xterm. After this, the shell return unrecognized terminal.

Please help me in this incident. I have run out idea. Therefore, i post this thread in order to get some replies from expert.

Thanks for an y help and recommendations.

Your help is greatly appreciated by me and others.

you need to identify the exact model of drive, then do a google search and see if it has any Linux drivers at all, at which point we can help identify whether they are included in BackTrack.... or even help you tailor the live CD and add them.

If there are no Linux drivers for it you may be out of luck, though.

Just burned his ISO

I will google my DVD driver and check whether the model/driver is included in the backtrack 's kernel.

Thanks for your valuable information and opinion.

Just burned his ISO

Angry DVD-Rom not supported

That's all the information i get from screen. My dvd model is Liteon-dvd shd-16p1s.

Thanks for any help.

Just burned his ISO

Default same problem

hello everyone,

I am having the same problem. I'm very new to linux but I know my way around at least a little bit.

I have a pcmcia toshiba pa3246u dvd drive that connects to my toshiba portege 3500 with a freecom cardbus cable (16bit).

I've scoured the forum for a couple days and I can't figure out how to solve the problem. I'd really appreciate any advice. I've looked for the freecom cable drivers because that what seems to get some people running.

I obviously can't boot with nopcmcia because I need to boot off the live cd.

I think I found a windows driver for the freecom cardbus, if that would help. The only problem is that I'm not sure how to test it because no matter what I've done, windows still recognizes the card. But worth a try if there is a windows driver wrapper.

I'm just frustrated, I want it to work on this machine.

I feel like I'm leaving information out. I'll update if I remember. Thank you for your help.

Just burned his ISO

Default update

I've come across this site but I have no idea of how the implement it if this would work.

ww w.sla x.or g/foru m/viewtop ic.ph p?p=76275&sid=3ed76ae4bd2bace659d3f71f26d5ff16

/just realized I can edit posts
    //sorry for the bad url, won't let me post them yet

Just burned his ISO

Default no luck yet

anyone know of a solution?
    sorry for bumping my own question.