Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error while running command db_autopwn

Default Re: Error while running command db_autopwn

They're looking into the issue and trying to reproduce it. The only hint so far appears to be (possibly) this comment made by the dev team:

This bug is actually coming from one of the modules launched by db_autopwn, not autopwn itself. Do you have any local modules installed that are not part of the tree?
    I have no really tweaked the system other than updating. Does anyone have a suggestion to further test to see if somehow an update or something else installed an excess, duplicate, or corrupt module?

Looks like you ran the nmap scan with fast track, but fast track uses sqlite3. I might advise to use db_connect, as if you notice, fast track still uses db_create. Also of course use postgres or mysql. More stable. Use db_nmap to get your scan results into your database. Thats all I've got... rest might be up to the dev team. I've got a pretty decent metasploit tutorial I've done that you may want to check out in addition to metasploit unleashed.

I'd love to check your tutorial - I'm all about the learning!

I found a fix for my problem and I'll post it next for future searchers....

As it turned out, there was an issue with a module that had been created/installed (a huge oversight on my part - I forgot about the part of the course in which you create the TCP scanner).

The advice from the dev team that helped me figure out which module was causing the issue was the following (question asked was, "Is there a way I can determine if any additional modules have somehow been installed beyond the standards included? Are there any commands that exist to serve this purpose?":

Yes, 'svn status' in the msf3 directory will tell you if any files have been added. You might also want to check your ~/.msf3/modules/ directory
    Low and behold, the TCP scanner kicked back for some reason. I've since redone it and it and everything is functional. The confusing part is that the script worked when I created it, so there must have been a slight typo or formatting error that Msf didn't care for.

I hope this helps any future frustrated people - I can definitely say that while issues like these can be frustrating and seem to take days, you truly learn a lot by sticking with it and being stubborn. There's something to the advice given to noobies by the BT team.

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

congratulations you have earned the try harder merit badge
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12