Thread: Inject with Zydas 1211b ?

Just burned his ISO

Question Inject with Zydas 1211b ?

Hello,
    I own a SafeCom swmulz-5400 (zydas 1211b chipset) I'm wondering if I can inject with it. I downloaded the new aircrack 0.9 but I can't inject... Is it possible ? If so, wich drivers should I get ?
    Thanks !

this is taken off offensive-security
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/zd1...re1.3.tar.bz2?
    untar it to /usr/lib/firmware/ - reinsert the card and the firmware should load OK
    if it doesnt work then search this forum and google.

Just burned his ISO

Question

Thanks for the fast reply. But I already have those files. And I can't inject.
    Any idea ?
    Thanks

bcktrckv2

Talking another dump trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    this is taken off offensive-security
    downloads.sourceforge./zd1211/zd1211-firmware1.3.tar.bz2?
    untar it to /usr/lib/firmware/ - reinsert the card and the firmware should load OK
    if it doesnt work then search this forum and google.
    it's funny how you'r doing that. you just copied that link and the line below and past them here without knowing something. but thanks for trying to help.

to untar the "firmware1.3.tar.bz2" you need to have the bzip2- installed in your BTv2.

download from here-->> fileforum.betanews./detail/bzip2_for_Linux/1015687038/2

and istall it at--->> /usr/ports/archivers/bzip2 and you issue this command:--->> tar yxf .tar.bz2

Hope this helps

Default Injection works fine

I have the same zd1211 zydas, I did same as you and injection works fine .
    I can do all attacks accept -5, this is result of --test with two cards, other was Atheros ar5212 a/b/g. I did it on BT2 final with aircrack 0.9 .
    When I tested injection in reality, it was about 290 #/s (the usb have external antenna connector RP-SMA and it was connected to 7 dB car antenna).

So you probably did some mistake between installation, try with new install.