Thread: Ar5005gs

Default Ar5005gs

So i got this new mini PCI wireless card in the mail yesterday and thought it would work but so far, no luck. Works Great with windows, but like my IPW2200, it does not appear.

when I type "iwconfig" i get:

lo no wireless extensions

eth0 no wireless extensions

I have the drivers for both cards para windows, and they both work great. Unfortunatly they don't for BT. And by the looks of it i wasted $35. If i didn't and there is something else I can try please speak. thx

...anyone?

Developer

you have to load the drivers on that card ithink look in menu

backtrack>radio analisis>misc and i think there is a driver load choice there. Im not so sure about the path Im on another box right now.

3 google clicks got me this info as well. PLEASE utilize the search function.

"Please confirm that these drivers can inject.
    I´m giving up all hope.
    I can capture packets but no way that this card/driver lets me inject packets.
    please help !

Like I expected. The first whines.

you can only inject with ipw2200 when you're already connected to an AP, your card is on the same channel as the (going to be attacked) AP, injecting in managed mode, with the rtap interface activated for sniffing

So basically you have to have 2 APs. One you have acces to and another you want to hack.

Have fun"

if everything was on google there wouldnt have to be a help forum. My flash drive will not be picked up on BT. Debian pickes it up, and ive been looking for the solution for 2 hours. But i have a life outside of computers so adios im going to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief30 View Post
    if everything was on google there wouldnt have to be a help forum. My flash drive will not be picked up on BT. Debian pickes it up, and ive been looking for the solution for 2 hours. But i have a life outside of computers so adios im going to work out.
    In addition to recommending Google, he was suggesting using the forum search function, which is heavily underused. In that case, 90% of the answers to the questions you ask are probably already here somewhere, it's just a matter of finding them. You might be surprised that we often get 2, 3 or more of the same questions within a day or so, and thus 2 or 3 or more virtually identical threads started, when searching could have prevented as much.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

and just FYI i got that particular tid bit of information from the forum search function. any way no ones perfect im sure ive posed a question or 2 thats been covered but at least i try search a few times. and by the way I have a life!

lol, im not here to argue, just to get some questions answered. and ive used the search plenty of times. im sure u have a life, i didnt say u didnt. I just dont have all day to look for it. Perhaps have someone willing to do it for me in their free time. ill just go somewhere else cause it doesnt look like the questuion is going to be answered.

Developer

dude i told you the drivers are in the 802.11 menu somwhere but they dont inject. i recomend cards with the atheros chipset to all newbies. why you ask? because it works right out of the ****in box no configuration required. the other reason is that most of the video tutorials you will be following after you get your card working use ath0 as the preffered card so it will be really simple

Quote Originally Posted by chief30 View Post
    lol, im not here to argue, just to get some questions answered. and ive used the search plenty of times. im sure u have a life, i didnt say u didnt. I just dont have all day to look for it. Perhaps have someone willing to do it for me in their free time. ill just go somewhere else cause it doesnt look like the questuion is going to be answered.
    So you have better things to do than search for your answers, yet you expect other people to do it for you in their free time?

LAZY.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

lol....*sigh* hey man u dont have to help me if you dont want to. And if it does help you, help me, the Ar5005gs IS an Atheros chipset. And i dont understand why it just doent work.