Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Default Re: The Dynamo Thread (screenshots & download)

Quote Originally Posted by bakru View Post
    first thanks for this tool and the effort you put in it.
    i have a few requests: an update button so it's easy to go with changes ahead.

Do you mean an Update button that will actually update the version of Dynamo (e.g. update it from version a2 to a3?) That would be a tad bit complicated given that the program would have to download the source code & compile it. I suppose I could put a little notification in the program to say that the version you're currently using is out of date, and then you could go update it yourself. Of course though, I'd have to ask the user's permission before checking the latest version online because you don't want Dynamo sending out packets that make it obvious that you're using Dynamo!!

Or... I could just get Dynamo into the repositories, and then you'd just use the normal Ubuntu automatic update system, but that's a bit premature I think.

second i like to see a window where you can watch the arp proces and stop it after your results are in.
    I was gonna make it say which address it's currently ARP'ing, that way it can run in loop forever and you'll know what range it's currently scanning. I'll edit my initial post in this thread to add that as a "future feature".
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

OK, I've implemented Bakru's suggestion of being able to see what IP address is currently being ARP'ed.

The latest version is now a3.

Follow the usual instructions to download it.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Virchanza,
    the notification for out of date is good for me, thanks for all the extras.
    another idea is popping up, but it's a bit off topic cause where talking arp request here.
    i wonder if you think about the reverse of ARP called RARP, or is there already a tool for.
    regards
    bakru

There was a performance issue with version a3, I set a timer to update the screen once every millisecond when it should have been set to once every 200 milliseconds, which resulted in screen flickering and also sluggish response from the GUI.

It's fixed now. The latest version is a4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12