Thread: Metasploit Unleashed Question

Just burned his ISO

Default Metasploit Unleashed Question

Hi All

Hoping that I can ask a question about the Metasploit Unleashed tutorials seeing as its by offensive security....

I have got an issue I cant find any information about and is driving me a bit nuts, Ive got to the 'Creating A Vulnerable Webapp' section http://www.offensive-security.com/me...nerable_Webapp

I have gone through the XP set up multiple times and have set up XP sp2 on Vmware Workstation.

After pasting the code that creates the website to interact with the back-end database and opening a web browser to browse to my IP im greeted with a 'Parser Error' instead of the log-in form i should be presented with ....

Code:
    Parser Error Message: The file '/Default.aspx.cs' does not exist.

Source Error: 

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" ValidateRequest="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    Line 2:  <%--the ValidateRequest="true" in the page directive will check for <script> and other potentially dangerous inputs--%>
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /Default.aspx    Line: 1
    Ive triple checked the file paths for the 'Default.aspx.cs' and its in the right place along with the other 2 files, Ive tried renaming it in the 'Default.aspx' and 'Default.aspx.cs' and im not getting passed the error.

Anyone else get stuck here ? Anyone know what might cause the 'Default.aspx.cs' to be invisible to the application ?

thanks in advance for any help

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Metasploit Unleashed Question

Quote Originally Posted by wark1tten View Post
    Hi All

Hoping that I can ask a question about the Metasploit Unleashed tutorials seeing as its by offensive security....

I have got an issue I cant find any information about and is driving me a bit nuts, Ive got to the 'Creating A Vulnerable Webapp' section http://www.offensive-security.com/me...nerable_Webapp

I have gone through the XP set up multiple times and have set up XP sp2 on Vmware Workstation.

After pasting the code that creates the website to interact with the back-end database and opening a web browser to browse to my IP im greeted with a 'Parser Error' instead of the log-in form i should be presented with ....

Code:

Source Error: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error 
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" ValidateRequest="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    Line 2:  <%--the ValidateRequest="true" in the page directive will check for <script> and other potentially dangerous inputs--%>
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /Default.aspx    Line: 1
    Ive triple checked the file paths for the 'Default.aspx.cs' and its in the right place along with the other 2 files, Ive tried renaming it in the 'Default.aspx' and 'Default.aspx.cs' and im not getting passed the error.

Anyone else get stuck here ? Anyone know what might cause the 'Default.aspx.cs' to be invisible to the application ?

thanks in advance for any help
    Just go into the directory of where the file Default.aspx.cs is. You will find that it is just named Default. Change it to Default.aspx.cs. Hope that helps you.

Portablegamemaster

Just burned his ISO

Thanks ill try this , I'm actually on holiday so ill report back in week,many thanks

Just burned his ISO

I resolved this by double checking that Default.aspx was still named Default.aspx

Even though the error states that Default.aspx.cs is not present it was named properly the whole time for me.

Just burned his ISO

Hi

I'm having a look at this using Win2003 with SQL Express. The Netstat -ano checks out buut I have an issue accessing the same page. However the message I get is..

<<<<<<<<<<

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings'

Source Error:

Line 1: <?xml version="1.0"?>
    Line 2: <configuration>
    Line 3: <connectionStrings>
    Line 4: <add name="test" connectionString="server=localhost;database=WebApp ;uid=sa;password=password1;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    Line 5: </connectionStrings>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 3

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any ideas?