Thread: help me to learn

Just burned his ISO

Default help me to learn

hi everybody.
    I am just a newbie in this kind of things... I am into Linux (Kubuntu) since a year now and I want to learn the more I can on network protection and similar things, so I got intereste in backtrack.... but, as I said I am pretty a newbie here, so please....can anybody help me to learn? can you please tell me from where I need to start? I am using backtrack as a live distro... can you please tell me where I should begin?
    Thank you sincerely.
    Mapkoz

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

search fonction of forum for

configuring network card
    monitor mode
    tutorial
    aircrack-ng

help yourself is the best thing to do.....search, try, and we will help you if you encounter pbs...but help yourself first...that's the deal here ....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Mapkoz View Post
    hi everybody.
    I am just a newbie in this kind of things... I am into Linux (Kubuntu) since a year now and I want to learn the more I can on network protection and similar things, so I got intereste in backtrack.... but, as I said I am pretty a newbie here, so please....can anybody help me to learn? can you please tell me from where I need to start? I am using backtrack as a live distro... can you please tell me where I should begin?
    Thank you sincerely.
    Mapkoz
    Kinda hard to tell you where to start, if you don't give us an idea of what you want to do...
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Personally i like having the copy on the hdd, alot faster and your settings are
    saved.

I've found that the aircrack website is wonderfully helpful with all sorts of things. If you download the latest version of Aircrack (newer than on bt2 i believe) you are also able to do tests for injection (google "aircrack injection test" for the link, should be the 1st one), which are really helpful. Please note (looking at wifi card compatability list on aircrack site, which tells you which cards to use) that if you have a Atheros based card Bt2.0 has the madwifi drivers for it installed by default.

a interesting site i found is:
    harrychanputra dot wordpress dot com/2007/05/16/tutorial-how-to-crack-wpawpa2/
    (sorry need 15 posts to do the link)

FYI when i boot into bt2 with my WAG511 all i have to do is:

airmon-ng start wifi0

which gives me ath0 and ath1 (ath1 on monitor)
    but then i actually go
    airmon-ng stop ath1
    airmon-ng stop ath0
    airmon-ng start wifi0

and get only ath0 (in monitor) - dont ask me why i do this i just do.

then all i need to do is run something like airoscript or do it by hand (if i can be bothered) choose the ath0 as the interface and away you go.

P.s. Oh yeah and a good place to really start is on the aircrack-ng website and scroll down to "Other Documentation" and goto the videos.

I still have no idea what the OP is trying to do.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Kinda hard to tell you where to start, if you don't give us an idea of what you want to do...
    well, i am using the same LAN connection with other people and some of them have already received somethreats and one of them had his mailbox checked and some messages sent to other people from his address....
    I would like to learn how to avoid this kind of things....
    plus, as a newbie I think it would be interesting & useful to have some tutorials on the wiki on how to use the software in Backtrack....
    so, can anybody help me?