I first learned about debuggers and decompilers from my BT PWB class. I currently have my lab on hold because I want to really get a good feeling with every tool mentioned if not, nearly master it. I have some C/C++ experience and basic assembly knowledge. I've gone through "Hacking: The Art of Exploitation 2nd Edition" that focuses on the GNU Debugger(GDB) so I'm not a compete novice, but I don't know where to go to get the best knowledge in this field.

I really want to learn how to use and become proficient with Immunity Debugger and learn how to create my own exploits. I have "Gray Hat Python", unfortunately it's a little above me at the moment. I have basic python knowledge but this book requires more familiarity with python and Immunity Debugger than I have so I just become lost and unable to follow.

I have "The Ida Pro Book", "Reversing Secrets of Reverse Engineering", "Gray Hat Python", and a few fuzzing books.

I've looked at the Immunity courses but I don't think I have enough knowledge to jump into a 4-5 day bootcamp style Debugger course when I become puzzled after opening a process with Immunity and pressing run. I also plan on taking the remaining Offensive Security courses before I move onto anything else.

I'm pretty much looking for the best way to approach this subject. I'm sure there are many people here who are pretty awesome with debuggers, how did you get there? Any books to recommend? Websites with good tutorials? Classes that teach you specifically catering to vulnerability discovery beginning with the basics?

Thank you for your time!