Thread: Need Ideas and Tips on hacking

Just burned his ISO

Default Need Ideas and Tips on hacking

Hey! Im currently going to school where we learn about Network, servers etc. We have setup many Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit computers. They are all basic with firefox 4 and some programs like live messenger, filezilla, etc. As much as an average user. We have also setup some servers Windows 2008 and 2008 R2. So the thing is to test the security. And then I need some help with what I can do to break these. The servers are running filezilla ftp servers at port 21 with enabled anonymous login and Apache, MySQL, PHP. The laptops are some with enabled firewall and some without. This is to test how easy it is to hack without.

We have tested to sniff but when I do Ettercap and ARP pois the network gets extremly slow to the victim. Is it anyway to make it faster? It mean it takes like 2 minutes to load google.com

The thing with sniffing is that we want to try to catch passwords for facebook, youtube etc. We enter the sites without HTTPS.

I have tried some metasploit without sucsed.

So any help here I would love. I will get a grade and I will give you guys more info if needed

I can setup some services that is normal to have if needed to hack in an way.

Default Re: Need Ideas and Tips on hacking

Google has all the asnwers to your questions. My blog can be a decent resource for u, aerokid240.blogspot.com

Just burned his ISO

Okey but Im having trouble making a meterpreter shell onto Windows 7. Also Ettercap sniffing with ARP is making the victim dc or have very slow Internet.

You said you have acces to the ftp server anonymously. Can you upload things ? And if you can upload things, where do they go ? Maybe the web root of the apache server ?
    Maybe you can upload some evil php. Do some portscans. Find out some basic information. And for your ettercap problem. Are you poisoning multiple computers at once ?
    Maybe it is too much traffic and your attacker machine can't handle it. Just some ideas, hope they help

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by LHYX1 View Post
    You said you have acces to the ftp server anonymously. Can you upload things ? And if you can upload things, where do they go ? Maybe the web root of the apache server ?
    Maybe you can upload some evil php. Do some portscans. Find out some basic information. And for your ettercap problem. Are you poisoning multiple computers at once ?
    Maybe it is too much traffic and your attacker machine can't handle it. Just some ideas, hope they help
    Thanks

Ill check out the FTP. And when I do ettercap I attack only one machine because if I take many at same time the whole net is going down. There isnt so much traffic on the victim just some normal web surfing.