Thread: Backtrack on a Smartphone

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack on a Smartphone

Guys,

I am looking to buy a new smartphone, mobile/pda with WiFi, Bluetooth, Infrared. Was wondering if anyone has ported BT to a smartphone like the IPAQ or any other. Would be pretty interesting if i could have all my tools on a phone.
    Certainly would make driving alot more fun.

Hermit

i was wondering if it will be possible to put it back track 3 onto the HTC Touch Pro 2.....or if i should try it on a less expensive device??

i recon my best best is a netbook which would set me back £200.0
    anyway is it possible to get back track onto any smartphone....any recommendations?

thanks

al

Quote Originally Posted by overheat View Post
    i was wondering if it will be possible to put it back track 3 onto the HTC Touch Pro 2.....or if i should try it on a less expensive device??

i recon my best best is a netbook which would set me back £200.0
    anyway is it possible to get back track onto any smartphone....any recommendations?

thanks

al
    I ported it to the Openmoko Freerunner under the Neopwn distribution, which is about as close as you can come right now. I also have a Touch Pro, and as soon as a USB host mode driver is developed I will support the Touch Pro 1/2 as well (since it is an awesome platform).

There is one more device I can't speak of right now that supports Linux out of the box, which I will need to test this month.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

What about porting the tools over to say a google phone?

Quote Originally Posted by aspekt9 View Post
    What about porting the tools over to say a google phone?
    The source code is out there, get to work!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

I've been saying this is a good idea !!! if anyones interested I have all the cross compiling tools for mipsel and arm processors and some emulators for some phones

Anyone for making a small version of bt4 for mips etc ?? lol It would be difficult because we would have to patch and build a kernel and keep the size down to a min so no kde but this would be cool because there are loads of cheap devices you could use this for.