Hi.
I asked some time ago about ATI drivers and errors I've encountered every time I tried to install them.
Well, since I am more and more happy user of ATI product, I still haven't figured out what's going wrong. I'm new to Linux so I'm just trying to get use to it, but haven't been able to pass through drivers installation is quite sad.

I used this sgfxi script to do it for me but at the end of installation it throws some "fglrx installation error" and this log:

Code:
[Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
[Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
[Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment, generating kernel module now.
AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
rm -rf *.c *.h *.o *.ko *.a .??* *.symvers
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35.8/build SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35.8'
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35.8/arch/x86/Makefile:39: /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35.8/arch/x86/Makefile_32.cpu: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35.8/arch/x86/Makefile_32.cpu'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35.8'
make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
build failed with return value 2
[Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
[Reboot] Kernel Module : update-initramfs

As far as I know sgfxi downloaded and installed all required packages including 'linux-headers', and where is this "kernel readme" it tells me to consult, or better, could someone explain to me what I've been doing wrong and what should be done to install this damn drivers!?

PS. I have no intention buying new non-ATI card.