I have just setup a router in WEP mode set it's password to 12345. I have run the following:
airodump-ng -w WEP-hotspot -c 6 --bssid 00:11:AA:11:AA:00 wlan0
aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:11:AA:11:AA:00 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
I am getting this sort of an output from the second shell command:
Of course I am not too far from AP as it sets beside me and changing packets didn't help. BSSID is fine and MAC address filtering is enabled.
17:54:54 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
17:54:56 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
17:54:58 Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
Attack was unsuccessful. Possible reasons:
* Perhaps MAC address filtering is enabled.
* Check that the BSSID (-a option) is correct.
* Try to change the number of packets (-o option).
* The driver/card doesn't support injection.
* This attack sometimes fails against some APs.
* The card is not on the same channel as the AP.
* You're too far from the AP. Get closer, or lower
the transmit rate.
Can someone please shed some light on this.