Thread: Some Q about BackTrack installation..

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Some Q about BackTrack installation..

Hi there. I tried BackTrack as LiveCD and i gotta admit - nice work. But however i don`t want to mess up my system so i will ask: If i have already multiple OS and with Dual-boot_loading, in my case - WindowsXP and PCBSD1.3, so if i install BackTrack on another partition will i still have loading options so that i can choose which OS i like to boot? Like triple-booting or multiple-booting.. And is there a limit of OS? Also i`m interested if i install it like this - i can also install another(it would be 4th) OS and still no problems with booting and so on? And if i choose to remove it what must i do to don`t f*ck up the rest of system? Tnx even before.(:
    P.S.Q means question(s). I just like to shorten it..
    P.P.S.Is there also somewhere a tutorial|guide about setup?

you can have all of those. just edit your bootloader to see them all. have it so the options are like
    windows
    bsd
    linux

then choose one and have it pass control to that sectors bootloader.
    so if you chose linux it would display
    backtrack
    ubuntu
    suse

or whatever OS you choose.

gl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Hi there. I tried BackTrack as LiveCD and i gotta admit - nice work. But however i don`t want to mess up my system so i will ask: If i have already multiple OS and with Dual-boot_loading, in my case - WindowsXP and PCBSD1.3, so if i install BackTrack on another partition will i still have loading options so that i can choose which OS i like to boot? Like triple-booting or multiple-booting.. And is there a limit of OS? Also i`m interested if i install it like this - i can also install another(it would be 4th) OS and still no problems with booting and so on? And if i choose to remove it what must i do to don`t f*ck up the rest of system? Tnx even before.(:
    P.S.Q means question(s). I just like to shorten it..
    P.P.S.Is there also somewhere a tutorial|guide about setup?
    Yes its possible.

Generally, the more OS's you try to run, the more complicated the issue becomes, especially depending upon the bootloader you're using (Lilo/Grub/etc).

There are many dual and triple boot (and even more) tutorials of there, but they are generally tailored for three specific systems, as opposed to three generic systems.

There is a BT2 dual boot tutorial, you might start from there in figuring out how to do yours.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";