Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WEP on an AP with no datatraffic

Quote Originally Posted by wotterspoon View Post
    Yep, the ARP replay doesn't work, untill I generate some traffic with a real client.
    So for the ARP replay I need datatraffic on the AP.

The fragmentation doesn't work also when there's no traffic, all I get is "waiting for a data packet...."

Can it be in the fact that I'm using an Access Point without a wireless router?
    If so, why will it work with a router and not with an AP?
    I've used the fragmentation attack against a WRT54G (which is both an AP and a router) that was not connected to the Interweb (and still isn't), and the attack worked every time. So it should be able to work without a client or without a network connection. Literally, the power is the only thing plugged in.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I've used the fragmentation attack against a WRT54G (which is both an AP and a router) that was not connected to the Interweb (and still isn't), and the attack worked every time. So it should be able to work without a client or without a network connection. Literally, the power is the only thing plugged in.
    Thats EXACTLY what I have..a Linksys WRT54G...the one I was telling you guys about that I could get ARP's with just the power connected....shit...now Im confused..I thought ALL APs' were wireless routers....if their not...what is an example of another type of AP besides a router?? A hub or something?? And also where / and why does the data come from on my WRT54G when only the power is plugged in and no other connections??
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO

---------------------

Yep, the ARP replay doesn't work, untill I generate some traffic with a real client.
    So for the ARP replay I need datatraffic on the AP.

The fragmentation doesn't work also when there's no traffic, all I get is "waiting for a data packet...."

Can it be in the fact that I'm using an Access Point without a wireless router?
    If so, why will it work with a router and not with an AP?---------------------------
    I have the same problem- With no traffic and Data 0, fragmentation and chop chop doesnt work. Only reading some packets (maybe becons) and waiting for a data packet. I use the Fritz Box as router and so i cant understand why this attack should be ok with NO clients. ARP only success when there is a Client. Without Client i dont got ARP.
    Even after 24 hours when the Router dissconnects and connects again there is no ARP ;-(

There are many, many wireless access points out there that are just that - access points. They can be used as wireless bridges between networks or as an access point to pass traffic through to a wired network. I have an old linksys b-net WAP11, and I ran into this "problem" when I tried to use it to follow your "crack wep with no clients" tutorial. Here's what I surmised:

The access point has a MAC, so it is at least operating on layer 2. However, the IP address used for managing it is tied to the ethernet port. Ethernet is also a layer 2 protocol. Best I can tell, the purpose of the wap is to translate between the two layer 2 protocols. The ap's that have the router and switch built in, these are layer 3 devices.

When you plug your computer into a switch and it gets an IP, the IP is layer 3, which translates to MACs as part of the ethernet frames (layer 2), which is then translated as electrical signals over the cable (layer 1). For an access point, the frames on layer 2 are 802.11 wireless frames, and the layer 1 medium is radio signals.

If an access point by itself is only a layer 2 device, then arp becomes meaningless. ARP is a translation between layer 3 and layer 2, just like DNS is a translation between layers 4-7 and layer 3.

----Edit
    Most switches are layer 2 devices as well. Some switches operate on layer 3, but they specifically state that.
    σκιαμαχι

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Thats EXACTLY what I have..a Linksys WRT54G...the one I was telling you guys about that I could get ARP's with just the power connected....shit...now Im confused..I thought ALL APs' were wireless routers....if their not...what is an example of another type of AP besides a router?? A hub or something?? And also where / and why does the data come from on my WRT54G when only the power is plugged in and no other connections??
    There are access points that are nothing but radios. A lot of enterprise implementations will use multiple access points that connect to only one router, especially in larger buildings where one AP might not cover the entire area. These all-in-one access point, router, nat, firewall, etc. devices are mostly what you see at home or smaller offices.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Linksys WAP11, WAP54G are both examples of AP-only (no router).
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Thanks for the update guys..lol...but look at my post date and I was confused WAY BACK in May..lol..not now. I've grown up A LOT in BT2 Final and AP's technical jargon since then.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12