Thread: Madwifi how to

Default Madwifi how to

I know this seems like a stupid question (this is the newbie area after all ), but I don't know how to download madwifi drivers in linux. I have the AR5006 chipset and I have back|track 2.0 installed on my HDD. Help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    I know this seems like a stupid question (this is the newbie area after all ), but I don't know how to download madwifi drivers in linux. I have the AR5006 chipset and I have back|track 2.0 installed on my HDD. Help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.
    The madwifi drivers are already installed (and patched for injection) in BT2. You shouldn't have to do anything.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Ok so when I load up back|track I should be able to access airodump right away with configuring? I know you type eth0 up or something depending on your card I think

Read this and keep checking back to the user docs when you get stuck. http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/MonitorModeInterface
    ---
    Useful HowTo Threads <-- Why do people think I'm joking when I link this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    Ok so when I load up back|track I should be able to access airodump right away with configuring? I know you type eth0 up or something depending on your card I think
    Read the link in the previous post.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";