Thread: Acer Notebook with Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 doesn't work with Backtrack

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Acer Notebook with Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 doesn't work with Backtrack

Hello,

You can see, I am very new in this Forum. I saw that I have to wait 3 days to ask a question here. Sorry, I can not wait so long. First, excuse me, my English is not so good.
    Now I try a long time to get my network on BT/BT2 working.

I think my hardware is not supported by BT/BT2. I have a Notebook ACER TravelMate290(The Sticker/Label says TravelMate291LMI). It has a WiFi Card calls Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 (802.11b WLAN).

So if you say forget it no support for that Wireless Card I´m fine and will not try any more. But maybe I am the one that makes the mistakes.

I tried on both BT and BT2
    iwconfig

all the same:No such device

Maybe some of you has the same Laptop and kann tell me if I have to buy a Wireless Stick and maybe WHAT Stick? If there exist a link please tell me.(Maybe in German )
    Thank you and sorry I did not want to spam you newbie Forum

I have a similar laptop (acer travelmate 290FXci, thai edition...don't ask) which has an ipw2100 wireless chipset and I haven't had any of the issues you are describing. Boot normally, log in, then post the output of dmesg and lspci to this thread (use the [CODE] flags). This should tell you exactly what hardware you have and if it is being initialized properly.
    ---
    Useful HowTo Threads <-- Why do people think I'm joking when I link this?

Just burned his ISO

Thank you hobbes. I'll try it this afternoon after work.