Thread: (PROBLEM) Pentesting scenario - php/meterpreter to windows/meterpreter

Just burned his ISO

Default (PROBLEM) Pentesting scenario - php/meterpreter to windows/meterpreter

Hi,

I testing the following scenario at the moment: Windows XP SP3, full update, firewall built in, newest NOD 32 Antivirus updated.
    Standard payloady from Metasploit, they are being detected by NOD 32, however I managed to establish fully transparent sessions through php/meterpreter/reverse_tcp - how I did it - I would like to describe it later - it will be part bigger tutoriala. In short I used php meterpreter the same as windows meterpreter - everything in one executable file.
    Here stairs are beginning. Php meterpreter has the very limited functionality. I would like to do small brainstorm. How now to get full sessions through target windows/meterpreter or hmm other payload??? Perhaps other ideas for total taking over the test machine?

NOD 32 - still fully working

He has functions self defence - the ekrn.exe process as well as files are being protected, even log on the administrator doesn't have permissions to turning the process off.

PHP/METERPRETER has the following functionalities:

- stdapi:filesystem commands: ls, rm, pwd, cd, upload, download, cat, edit
    - stdapi:system commands: ps, kill, execute*, getpid, getuid, sysinfo
    - stdapi:network commands: portfwd
    - msfconsole commands: route

I am inviting to commentaries.

Best Regards

P.S. sorry for my weak English.

Default Re: (PROBLEM) Pentesting scenario - php/meterpreter to windows/meterpreter

Have you considered trying to upload another payload via php session, maybe with the payload backdoored to a legitimate windows executable? Or using some other encoding type to bypass the AV and establish a full session.

Another thing you might want to give a try would be a java payload perhaps? Although I don't know if you have java installed.

If you cannot kill the AV process as admin, I would think the only approaches would be: Encoding to bypass or privilege escalate to kill it (which may be difficult with your limited PHP functionality).

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Default Re: (PROBLEM) Pentesting scenario - php/meterpreter to windows/meterpreter

Quote Originally Posted by num3r View Post
    Hi,

I testing the following scenario at the moment: Windows XP SP3, full update, firewall built in, newest NOD 32 Antivirus updated.
    Standard payloady from Metasploit, they are being detected by NOD 32, however I managed to establish fully transparent sessions through php/meterpreter/reverse_tcp - how I did it -
    Or you could obfuscate the payload via the built in metasploit encoders.