Thread: 2 5770 1 5670 ati cards. lspci doesnt show all 3

Just burned his ISO

Default 2 5770 1 5670 ati cards. lspci doesnt show all 3

As my title suggests. I am trying to get 2 ATI 5770 and 1 ATI 5670 cards running under backtrack4R2. I have changed pcie power connectors, put different gpu cards in different pcie slots, tried different PSUs, booted them all up one at a time verfiying they all work, and of course googled. So the problem is..... If I boot with all 3 cards, lspci only shows 2 of them which have always been 1 of the 5770 and the other 5670 cards. If I pull out the 5670, then both 5770 show up just fine. Please let me know if I need to provide any additionaly information to assist troubleshooting this.
    Thanks

Developer

Default Re: 2 5770 1 5670 ati cards. lspci doesnt show all 3

Do you have the ATI drivers installed? ATI on Linux just pretty much sucks although it does work with enough head ache and configuration. I would imagine you need the stream drivers to see more than 2 cards. ATI and multicard support on Linux has always been a failbus which is why those of us with large cracking machines all use Nvidia. I am not saying it will not work but I can guarantee it will be a headache.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Do you have the ATI drivers installed? ATI on Linux just pretty much sucks although it does work with enough head ache and configuration. I would imagine you need the stream drivers to see more than 2 cards. ATI and multicard support on Linux has always been a failbus which is why those of us with large cracking machines all use Nvidia. I am not saying it will not work but I can guarantee it will be a headache.
    I might be confused BUT I though that linux/backtrack itself should be able to atleast see the cards first in output of lspci, regardless of the software drivers installed at that point. But If I understand correctly, the ati stream drivers will allow backtrack/linux to see more than 2 cards. Ok, well that would make sense. I had immediatly dismissed it being a driver(s) issue since the other identical 5770 card would always show up in the lspci output. Anyways, I will try your suggestion and get back with my results.
    I definitly agree with what you are saying regarding ATI and NVIDIA driver support, as I have used somewhat highend cards on from both. Right now I am after the pure speed of ATI using CAL++ vs the stability nvidia offers. Once I am over the ati wow factor I am sure I will go back to nvidia. lol
    Thank you for your reply.

i ended up getting my multiple ati setup all configured, although purehate is right... it was kind of a headache. my problem ended up being simple after all, i just had to configure the cards through amdcccle and edit my .bashrc for all displays. I doubt this is you're problem though being the fact that lspci isn't picking up the hardware but I'd try it anyway

Just burned his ISO

I had been installing the ati-stream sdk drivers this whole time. However, I did try this again last night but with no luck. I will stick with just using my two 5770 cards for now. They run very well despite 1 crash/segmentation fault the other day. I have gotten about 85,000 - 90,000 PMK with pyrit and Cal++.

thanks for your help. I appreciate it.