Thread: Programming a GUI

Just burned his ISO

Question Programming a GUI

Hi there.
    I want to know, how to programm a GUI for B4.
    I do have a well knowledge on C and C++, also other languages.
    But, except for Visual Basic, I never programmed a GUI/Surface with C, C++ or C#.
    I want to programm my own little GUI that starts, for example, airodump-ng with the parameters I entered in textboxes before, then, gives the output from airodump-ng into my GUI.

How do I start?

Best wishes
    spYro

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Programming a GUI

Well if by "B4"" you mean Back Track 4 there is already a gui so no need for that. As for aircrack-ng and a gui you could use gerix-wifi it is a gui application and it is already included in Back Track 4.
    There really is no need to reinvent the wheel as they say but you are free to do as you wish.
    As for "what program to use" this is highly subjective and every one will have there own opinion on the matter. I would suggest that you search google using the terms "start programming" or some such.
    This will show you tons of links to get you started.

Also do not double post your posts here will be moderated for a set amount of time.
    Your other thread has been deleted.

Just burned his ISO

First: Sorry for the double-post. After my first post i missed the text where it says "a moderator has to check it first".
    Then: I installed Backtrack 4 (yes, "B4") an searched for a GUI for WEP-/ and WPA-cracking (airodump, aircrack). But I still only find the non-GUI-Tools (*-ng).
    I used these non-GUI-Tools before and I'm able to use them, but... I thought that a GUI would be nice

Then, perhaps you can tell me what tool on Backtrack 4 with GUI I can use instead of airodump and aircrack an where I can find it vie the menu-struckture on Backtrack 4

This would be really nice =)

See ya
    spYro

Try gerix wifi cracker

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your comments.
    I tried gerix wifi cracker and this seems to be exactly what I wanted to programm, so I don't need to do this anymore

But I have one problem. Gerif wifi cracker freezes when I start the network-search.
    I used an Atheros and a ZD1211 Adapter, but still it freezes.
    I clicked the interface and clicked the button, which starts the monitoring-mode on mon0.
    But if I click on mon0 and start searching for signals, then it just freezes and even after 20 or 30 secounds it remains like that (i terminated it after that).
    Is this a known issue or something that has to do something with only my laptop?
    A log isn't even created, i looked that up before.

Any ideas?

spYro

QT lib will do it. But believe JAVA is more simpel.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by capron View Post
    QT lib will do it. But believe JAVA is more simpel.
    errr...... yeah, thanks for that^^°
    But... I already got it, that gerix wifi cracker is already existing and so ther's no need to programm it as new 8)

But in my last post I described a problem(bug?) with using gerix wifi cracker and my WLAN-Adapter.
    Perhaps you do have an idea?

spYro

Quote Originally Posted by spYro View Post
    But in my last post I described a problem(bug?) with using gerix wifi cracker and my WLAN-Adapter.
    Perhaps you do have an idea?
    spYro,
    I own a zd1211 wifi card. To be honest I haven't tried it with BT4F. You could try with old fashion way..command line to find out if the drivers is the problem. If not then report it to the dev team.

It was a bug and has been fixed.
    Run apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade

Regards
    M

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Marcinko View Post
    It was a bug and has been fixed.
    Run apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade

Regards
    M
    Thanks
    I updated my Backtrack as you told me.
    Now I've got another problem with my VirtualBox recognizing my USB-WLAN-Device. But since that's a complete different problem, I will start a new thread to this, since this problem I stated in this thread seems to be solved (cant't test it now because of my VirtualBox-Problem but I believe you ).

Best wishes
    spYro