Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: only 1 wlan card

Default only 1 wlan card

So for the moment, I only have 1 usable WLAN card in my laptop. Thus far, anything that I would want to do appears to involve the need of 2 different cards. Or 2 different systems.

What do I want to do? Break my WiFi. I want to learn how to break all aspects of my WiFi and learn how to fix/prevent them. So for starters, I think I want to start off with some WEP breaking. Is there a way to break a WEP key with only 1 card?

Are there any cool WiFi tools on BackTrack that I can use that only needs 1 card?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

Well... lol .... First thing, say hello could be cool for ur first post .......don't you know there is search fonction in this forum ?!?! don't u know u have a friend called Google....?!?!We are not a school... READ.....TRY....IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS MAYBE WE WILL TRY TO HELP U .....

cheers
    Sh@m@nVirTuel
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    Well... lol .... First thing, say hello could be cool for ur first post .......don't you know there is search fonction in this forum ?!?! don't u know u have a friend called Google....?!?!We are not a school... READ.....TRY....IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS MAYBE WE WILL TRY TO HELP U .....

cheers
    Sh@m@nVirTuel
    Well...I jest read what he originally posted before he edited this...and I must say he toned it down quite a bit. shamanvirtuel, I had no Idea you had suck a colorful vocabulary?? I however, am bored and feeling "helpful" so to answer your questions.........

"Is there a way to break a WEP key with only 1 card?------------->>> yes
    "Are there any cool WiFi tools on BackTrack that I can use that only needs 1 card?" ------------>>> again...surprisingly the answer is YES!

Now, Spyder_Snyper......do you want to have a better answer or a more detailed answer?? Then post more detail in your questions...ONLY after you have taken the time out to help yourself by utilizing the above search function...and trying the other forums related solely to aircrack-ng. I suggest if you want us to take the time out to answer some questions...you need to take some time out to help yourself first.

BTW I apologize for the "tough love" but we've all been through it, and BTW...Welcome to the forums!
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

oh yeah... the search function. Super useful if you know what you're looking for; completely useless if you're in a position like me and have no idea what I'm looking for in the first place.

And as for Google, it falls into the same category.

And to clear things up, I did search. On both. Which is why I posted my (seemingly) retarded question.

To prove this point, I spent an hour trying to get airpwn to work, only to discover much later that I need 2 cards to make it work properly. And since at the moment I've only got the 1 card, THAT tool is out of the question.

Which brings me, once again, to my original question.

And I'm not looking to be spoonfed any answers here. If someone knows of a few cool WEP cracking kind of tools that only require 1 WLAN card, then by all means, let me know. Or if you know of a good Google search query (because '1 WLAN Card WEP cracking tools' and all variants thereof that I could think of didn't come up with much), then by all means, share away.

And for those of you who are NOT going to give me useless responses...

Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploitz View Post
    "Is there a way to break a WEP key with only 1 card?------------->>> yes
    "Are there any cool WiFi tools on BackTrack that I can use that only needs 1 card?" ------------>>> again...surprisingly the answer is YES!
    THIS is the kind of answer I was looking for.

Thank you.

"go search you f***ing n00b" kind of answers are useless to me since I *DO* search and only ask once I've used all of *MY* resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Snyper View Post
    THIS is the kind of answer I was looking for.

Thank you.

"go search you f***ing n00b" kind of answers are useless to me since I *DO* search and only ask once I've used all of *MY* resources.
    Ok..look....were not trying to flame you...but we get so sick and tired of n00bs of this forum being lazy...so ill cut you some slack......

Backtrack2 has all the tools you need to crack your own wep...don't ask how to crack anyone else's cause we wont help..so If you plan on breaking someone else's...don't ask...just "re-word" it Cause we dont condone illegal stuff here, ok?? ok....now....most of us here use 1 card or some use 2...You only need one card to crack wep however.....you would only use 2 in a case where you need to know if your injecting packets correctly or not....the majority of us use a tool set, which is apart of backtrack2, the choice is aircrack-ng suite..Its a collection of about roughly 8 tools...search that word "aircrack-ng" and you'll find their main site at near the top of Google if not ...the very top....hope that helped.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

are you kidding ??? lol
    I type "crack wifi one card" in search ... just the terms of your first question...
    FIRST ANSWER >>>>
    Newbie Guide:- How to crack a WEP key, step by step. By another newbie.
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    I type "crack wifi one card" in search ... just the terms of your first question...
    Sorta-not really-kinda. I was using the number 1. Perhaps THIS was the reason that nothing useful turned up. So thank you for helping me clear that up.

Hey Spyder_Snyper,
    have you tried using airoscript.sh. it'l do all the hard work for ya. i dont use it but it'l be a good place for you to start.
    ya you can crack wep with only one card, actually its possible to crack more then one at the same time with one card. heres a crappy video i did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB2Hv6NuKWM
    i know its not impressive but you'l get the idea.

I've taken a look at some of the sample scripts in BT2, as well as in the forums here.

To be purely honest with you, I have NO idea how to use them. Nor can I find anything on it. It's probably one of those incredibly simple things that doesn't even need to be posted anywhere. Either that, or I need to once again alter my search terms. Although what I need to change it to is beyond me...

So in short, no, I have not used the script...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast