Thread: truecrypt backtrack

Just burned his ISO shockratees's Avatar

Default truecrypt backtrack

(Really, friends, I realized that this issue has the prior posts. I have searched my problem and backtracking on both the exact truecrypt and backtrack forum. I found this problem several times, but did not answer question. So please forgive any of my repeated.)

I just want to know - there is someone previously installed in a usb drive truecrypt hidden partition backtrack? What are their problems? I do not want the "full drive encryption." I want to have a normal looking not encrypted partition, like any person who may have usb drive. Then the backtrack is a hidden, encrypted partition. Full drive encryption, a red flag raised, I do not want to travel with this and increase the potential exposure. There is no end-user to install this would like to make this red flag, also.

I am not a security expert, I do not want to be one. I just wanted to help people be free. Therefore, I sincerely apologize if I should know the answer. Thank you.

Default Re: truecrypt backtrack

If the partition is "hidden" how is the operating system going to find it in order to boot from it?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

No problem to have a hidden truecrypt partition, usually this is a partition inside another truecrypt partition.

Unlike windows you can't boot from a Linux truecrypt partition.

Isn't full disk encryption possible with truecrypt on bt4r2 ?
    In case of bt4r2 persistent disk installation of course, not on the live DVD.