Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry for the n00b questions...

Just burned his ISO

Default Sorry for the n00b questions...

I just wanted to make this crystal clear. basically I want to see if I can crack my own WEP key, and I'm downloading Backtrack 3 as we speak. Burning it won't be a problem, but I wanted to make sure a few things were right:

1) Will my Linksys WUSB54G Wireless Card be able to crack the 128 Bit WEP key using Backtrack?

2) How can I update the card with the rt73 driver I have downloaded?

3) How am I supposed to crack my key with this program (Link to documentation explainign this would be fine too)

4) Do you forgive me for all of the questions :\

Sorry about this, and thanks for reading!

Everything you can find on this forum and linksys WUSB54G V4 is supported as its rt73 chipset no problem with discovery/injection.make ure search using

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php

Quote Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz View Post
    I just wanted to make this crystal clear. basically I want to see if I can crack my own WEP key, and I'm downloading Backtrack 3 as we speak. Burning it won't be a problem, but I wanted to make sure a few things were right:

1) Will my Linksys WUSB54G Wireless Card be able to crack the 128 Bit WEP key using Backtrack?

2) How can I update the card with the rt73 driver I have downloaded?

3) How am I supposed to crack my key with this program (Link to documentation explainign this would be fine too)

4) Do you forgive me for all of the questions :\

Sorry about this, and thanks for reading!
    Back|Track is not a program. I suggest using something else if all you are interested in doing is cracking your key as you do not need a professional pentesting distro to accomplish that. See the Aircrack suite of tools

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Im not using the WUSB54G V4. Im using WUSB54GC.

Im not using the WUSB54G V4. Im using WUSB54GC.
    Still supported and uses the same rt73 driver as mentioned earlier.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

BUt why is it when I run Backtrack on VMWare, I go to Applications/Internet/Wireless Assistant, my wireless stick doesn't even show up?! I know it should, since everyone else says it's compatible, but it doesn't even recognize it, so now I'm REALLY lost )=

How do I update my cards drivers? (If that will help)

elight

BUt why is it when I run Backtrack on VMWare, I go to Applications/Internet/Wireless Assistant, my wireless stick doesn't even show up?! I know it should, since everyone else says it's compatible, but it doesn't even recognize it, so now I'm REALLY lost )=

vmware is a virtual machine. Your Backtrack installation is running on virtual hardware, being simulated by vmware. You should check out some vmware tutorials.

Try googling:
    vmware networking tutorials

Disclaimer: I've been drinking and probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Angry

These things have been covered numerous time.you lazy a** people don't want to use search function.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php

elight

I googled:

vmware wireless usb setup

This is the second link listed:

hxxp://baseunderattack.com/2007/08/13/installing-backtrack-2-in-vmware-6/

secure it wasn't kidding lol

According to "hxxp://communities.vmware.com/thread/111646", post 2, wifi does work in bridged mode with VMWare Fusion.

Anyway, this should give you a little better idea of what you're dealing with snipez and no apology needed for noob questions, everyone was a noob at some point. Just keep in mind, you remember/understand it better when you learn the hard way.

Have fun! That's the point!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast