Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vnc server

Developer

Default vnc server

Does any one Know How to set up the vnc server. when i try to start it it gets to the pass word and freezes and wont let me enter one. This can be done wirelessly i'm assuming because it tcp/ip prototcol

Default KDE config

I also had someproblems with starting the VNC server service.

Go to the Control Center of KDE and look for the option Desktop sharing.
    There you can also activate VNC. Make sure that's not necessary to confirm a request for a remote connection on the server. You can set that and several other option regarding VNC over there.

Regards,

Macamba

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Does any one Know How to set up the vnc server. when i try to start it it gets to the pass word and freezes and wont let me enter one. This can be done wirelessly i'm assuming because it tcp/ip prototcol
    Are you starting it via the command line, or some other method?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

hey prez, I was using the menu because i didnt know the command line . any way i got it working but stupid me i was gonna make a tut video for a friend of bt in action so i was gonna use vnc to connect to my xp pc but stupid me went through all this trouble and got it working only to lose the connection when i put my card in monitor mode. duuhhhh i cant belive i didnt consider that. oh well at least i got the vnc rolling. Do you guys know of a screen recorder like camstasia for linux. I have a internal intel card in my laptop and i saw the boot instructions on here some where....guess ill search but will it cause problems if one card is in monitor mode and the other is a vnc connection.hhhhmmmmmm...If no one knows ill be happy to test drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    hey prez, I was using the menu because i didnt know the command line . any way i got it working but stupid me i was gonna make a tut video for a friend of bt in action so i was gonna use vnc to connect to my xp pc but stupid me went through all this trouble and got it working only to lose the connection when i put my card in monitor mode. duuhhhh i cant belive i didnt consider that. oh well at least i got the vnc rolling. Do you guys know of a screen recorder like camstasia for linux. I have a internal intel card in my laptop and i saw the boot instructions on here some where....guess ill search but will it cause problems if one card is in monitor mode and the other is a vnc connection.hhhhmmmmmm...If no one knows ill be happy to test drive it.
    Start in Windows, use CamStudio or Camtasia or whatever, and then VNC into your BT2 install. Very easy way to screen-record in Linux using Windows tools.

Might be easier to go wired for the VNC connection so that you can use your card for whatever else.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

wired it is i guess. i tried the menu choice to load my intel drivers and it works but there must be another step because i cant "see" any networks from eth1(intel) but i can see 3 from ath0(netgear} any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

Default screen recording in bt3

i was having the same problems wanting a screen recorder i have only one pc so i couldnt set up a windows comp to view linux i thought of vmware to load bt in windows but then i cant use my wireless adapters in it and when i set up wired connection cant seem to find my wireless connection at the same time as im new to this ill work it out somehow i suppose i could record stuff for yah mate if u liked

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by D@nger View Post
    i was having the same problems wanting a screen recorder i have only one pc so i couldnt set up a windows comp to view linux i thought of vmware to load bt in windows but then i cant use my wireless adapters in it and when i set up wired connection cant seem to find my wireless connection at the same time as im new to this ill work it out somehow i suppose i could record stuff for yah mate if u liked
    Congratulations, you revived a 2 yr old dead thread.

Raising the zombies is never a good thing. Now we gotta break out the shotguns.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Brains! Must have Brains! ...and tabasco.

Pureh@te you sound like a Newbie when you ask questions like that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast