Thread: USB Problem & WPA Deauth

Just burned his ISO

Default USB Problem & WPA Deauth

Hi, a couple of things... im using BT4 r2 ( of course )

and i would like some help on a couple of thingsss...
    a
    1).

I have some stuff on my "USB Stick" i need to put on to BT4 but when i plug my Stick into my laptop BT4 doesnt pick it up or im looking in the wrong place... Please help :-)

2).

I was testing WPA cracking earlier... for my own personal use and i was on aireplay-ng (i think its that one) where you do the deauth thing...
    ..anyway i typed in the right command "aireplay-ng --deauth 1 -a <BSSID> -c <MAC of client> mon0" and it says something like "waiting for beacon frame [BSSID 00:00:00:00:00:00] on Chanel #" and then says something like "BSSID not found... please enter ESSID (-e)"

Thanks for reading any help would be great!!

Thanks muchlyyy...

Ta
    Sam xD

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: USB Problem & WPA Deauth

1 - i dont know, im new here

2 - i think while u typed, the client you tried to deauth disconnected.

Default Re: USB Problem & WPA Deauth

1. Your USB drive should automount in /media/. When you insert it it should prompt you to open the device in a new window. If this doesn't happen mount the drive manually using "mount"(read the man page or google it)

2. That error message indicates that it couldn't find the access point you specified with the -a flag(you probably typed it wrong). I suggest using the -e flag instead because remembering an essid is a lot easier than remembering a MAC address.

Putting smilies in with your assurance that you are using the tools for "personal use" doesn't really help your case much. Keep in mind that deauthing someone actually takes their computer off their own network. Not only is that a total douche move, it's illegal in almost every country, and it's really not hard to trace the activity back to you.
    A true gentleman, a good hearty guy.

I once had my usb device on for one night, in the morning I had like a few hundred thousand beacons, but not one data packet, even while I was associated.
    Also a death which I performed, wasn't showing in the association screen? Don't know why, because the death seemed to run successfully ACK's were send.
    In windows the signal bar is 5 for this client, maybe some extra protection?

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

1. I agree with CKing, although sometime it fails to prompt anything. Just open Konqueror, Media. There should be nothing. Hit F5, your mediums appear. Double click your USB stick, or right click ==> mount.

2.Again, agreeing with CKing, but it also may indicate you're too far form the AP, or you're on the wrong channel (in that latter case, it should say "waiting on channel 6, but AP on channel 11, for instance)

So, if it's your network, get closer to the AP, check the AP's MAC adress or use the ESSID, check then channel. Now it should be okay.
    If it's not yours, just stop.
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Default 回复: USB Problem & WPA Deauth

1. Just in case you're using VMware make sure that the device is connected to the vmware console first. Virtual Machine > Removable Devices....make sure there's a tick next to your 'USB Stick'

if your USB drive will not automount, for sure u need to mount it manually. Just use lsusb command to get information about USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them and then u know what dev to mount.

Default Re: 回复: USB Problem & WPA Deauth

2. i think I know, did you associate first before deathicating?