Thread: All 1000 scanned ports on X.X.X.X are filtered

Just burned his ISO

Default All 1000 scanned ports on X.X.X.X are filtered

Hi,

I tried using the following command to scan the ports of computers connected to my router at home
    Code:
    nmap -v -sV 192.168.1.0/24
    And one of the computers returned
    Code:
    Nmap scan report for X.X.X.X                                                                                                                                                  
    Host is up (0.029s latency).                                                                                                                                                        
    All 1000 scanned ports on X.X.X.X are filtered
    I would like to know what this means. For another computer it listed all the open ports (as expected), but this computer returned the above message. Any pointers regarding the meaning of this is appreciated.

I'm using Nmap version 5.21.

Thank you.

Default Re: All 1000 scanned ports on X.X.X.X are filtered

It means that there was no evidence that any of the 1000 TCP ports Nmap scanned were "open". This is probably due to a packet filtering or there being no network services on that machine. I suggest you read the online Nmap documentation - this is the type of thing you need to understand if you want to use Nmap.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.