Thread: Videocard installed then no boot up.

Default Videocard installed then no boot up.

Hy,

I am following this thread:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...tml#post190418

I have tried all kind of solutions from here and other places on the net, because I am unable to get backtrack started again after installing the drivers and the necessary reboot. I am making a dualboot from within my windows 7. So, after reboot I set my bios to pci-vga, which is my card. I think I now why now it dowsn't work. My screen can only handle 1280X1024 on 60 Hz maximum. So installing the driver rewrites the xorg.conf which i understand. My question can someone whit more experience tell me how to re-edit my xorg.conf after driver install, but before reboot and especially with what input to make my system start after the reboot?

have a nice day

:|
    Last edited by TheFlyingDutchMan; 03-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Default Re: Videocard installed then no boot up.

so are you asking how to dual boot? Or how to fix your xorg problem?

Default 回复: Re: Videocard installed then no boot up.

Dualboot ain't the problem. It is the driver installation, and maybe a xorg problem, not sure. I'll explain: I can't install backtrack with the hdmi attached to the videocard, so I have to install with the hdmi cable attached to the internal vga device on my computer. When installed and partitioned I restart and install the driver for the ati radeon 4300 series as in the tutorial described. Then you have to reboot. I rebooted without attaching my videocard and then error: no device found. So, I restarted again, set bios options to the ati radeon card and booted backtrack again and then the screen fills with erro codes, so after a long time I press Ctrl + C , because backtrack doesn't start. So, actually it comes to this: after installing the ati radeon driver I am not able to get into backtrack again, in no way. Tries the fixvesa command, result: same errors. Tried the dpkg -reconfigure xserver-xorg, result: same . So, if you can help, that would be very appriciated.
    As if I read, this is a known problem, but it seems like there are a few solutions which I was unable to find. fixvesa doen´t do the trick and this fix it for most, but not for me.
    Last edited by TheFlyingDutchMan; 03-05-2011 at 12:16 PM.