Thread: Looking for a special kind of Bruteforce tool.

Just burned his ISO

Default Looking for a special kind of Bruteforce tool.

I have been running into this issue more and more lately during pentests.

Network Appliances with web interfaces where a client-side javascript mangles the login credentials before posting. I haven't been able to locate a tool capable of bruteforcing logins in this situation. I have written a script on a few occasions to deal with the issue, but I can't help, but think that someone might have addressed this issue.

What say the hivemind, is there something out there I could be using to make my pentests more efficient?

Default Re: Looking for a special kind of Bruteforce tool.

Quote Originally Posted by crankenstein View Post
    I have been running into this issue more and more lately during pentests.

Network Appliances with web interfaces where a client-side javascript mangles the login credentials before posting. I haven't been able to locate a tool capable of bruteforcing logins in this situation. I have written a script on a few occasions to deal with the issue, but I can't help, but think that someone might have addressed this issue.

What say the hivemind, is there something out there I could be using to make my pentests more efficient?
    I am not rly sure, what do u mean with "mangles login credentials", but for a long time i use win32 app called Brutus, because back in the days, THC-Hydra didnt know a lot methods to work with and i am not rly sure if they updated it -> for web interface Brutus provides: HTTP-GET, HTTP-PUT, HTTP-HEAD for HTTP(Basic Auth); HTTP-GET and HTTP-PUT for HTTP (Form) and of course there is simple way to define own sequence (meaning your own authentication phase and Response phase). i just used that toll this day again and it still works as expected.
    Last edited by jirtos; 03-11-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: for lack of time earlier i needed to add more info