Thread: Installing XULrunner 1.9.2.

Just burned his ISO

Default Installing XULrunner 1.9.2.

Hi guys. I have been trying to install Firesheep onto backtrack from source by following this post.

Quote Originally Posted by cseven View Post
    I like to call this one "follow the yellow brick road"

https://github.com/codebutler/firesheep

1) $ git clone https://github.com/codebutler/firesheep.git
    2) $ git submodule update --init
    3) apt-get install autoconf libtool libpcap-dev libboost-all-dev libhal-dev xulrunner-1.9.2-dev
    4) ./autogen.sh
    5) make
    6) xpi will be created inside the build directory. Load the extension into Firefox

Step #3 is the yellow brick road, follow the dependency tree and start googling. This is where you learn to add repositories to your /etc/apt/sources.list and also where you get to use dpkg -i many times till you get them all.
    I have been following that "yellow brick road" and i am stuck on what seems to be my last required dependency. I found it through "apt-get" but it was an earlier version, so i searched google and found this...

So my real question is how should i, if at all possible in BT4, install the .tar.bz2, since every method has failed for me?

Sorry for being a noob on linux, and also BT4 is a really nice OS, i really like it.

Default Re: Installing XULrunner 1.9.2.

I tried what you are doing, but I ended up giving up. My memory may be wrong, but I believe that I found that upgrading xulrunner would break most of the tools in BT4.

Also, I've searched quite a bit, and I never found anyone that had firesheep working on BT4, though I found many people who've tried.

I haven't noticed anything broken since I did it. Have you noticed something broken in BT4? Where are you getting hung up?
    don't worry about me I am msfconsole retarded

You should try googling how to unpack and install things on Linux. This really doesn't have anything to do with BT, it's just a simple Linux task. You might want to try reading up on some basic Linux stuff before trying to use BT. Better yet, install Linux on your computer so you won't be able to use the damn thing unless you learn, that way you're forced to learn it if you want your computer to work correctly.
    cd ~
    cd ./fridge
    rm beer
    cd ../bedroom
    more beer

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I can't get xulrunner 1.9.2 to work with firesheep.

Code:
    checking for MOZ... configure: error: Package requirements (libxul >= 1.9.2) were not met:

No package 'libxul' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables MOZ_CFLAGS
    and MOZ_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    However I dl'd xulrunner from here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL...ling_XULRunner however after unpacking it to root and then going into the firesheep folder and running:

Code:
    ./autogen.sh --with-xulrunner=/root/xulrunner/ && make
    it still gives the error message at the top. Can't install xulrunner from apt, says it's not found. Is there a repository I need to add to sources.list? I tried all of the above with xulrunner1.9.2-sdk as well with no success.
    [CODE]
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh --with-xulrunner-sdk=/root/xulrunner-sdk/ && make

From the firesheep github:
    Linux: Not currently supported.
    And why would you need Firesheep in Backtrack anyway? All the tools needed to session jack or sniff for those juicy passwords are included already.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

It's not supported but works on linux. Even though backtrack has Hamster and Ferret, Firesheep is another tool to use. Just like there are multiple WEP crackers in Backtrack, there should be multiple session jacking tools. Just my opinion though.

[Edit] you can add the Ubuntu Hardy repository to your source.list to get xulrunner but be aware it may/can break things.
    Last edited by cseven; 02-23-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    don't worry about me I am msfconsole retarded