Thread: Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 Monitor and Injection Mode Works

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO oliverkrystal's Avatar

Default Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 Monitor and Injection Mode Works

Let me know if there is something more you would like me to post please. I would like to make this as complete as possible.

The Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 is a USB wireless adaptor, that supports b/g/n. Rosewill reports that the device does not function on linux. However, according to my tests (listed below) it supports both monitor mode and injection.

Tests:
    Device mounts as wlan0. It uses the RT2870/3030 driver.

airmon-ng start wlan0 reports that monitor mode is functioning on mon0. aireplay-ng -9 mon0 reports that injection functions. I do not currently have a second card that supports monitor mode to check which functions it supports exactly.

Again, if you want more info (related to the device), let me know. If I can get it, I'll be happy to post it. If not, I'll ask how I should get it so that I can post it
    ------
    * Just trying to help as well as I can with what little I know. If I say something wrong, please tell me!
    * Made a thread and solved a problem? Make sure to say so.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 Monitor and Injection Mode Works

Hey I'm glad you have good luck with the wireless adapter. I however have not been so lucky. It shows up as ra0 when I start it. Goes into monitor mode and sometimes works to scan for the aps. But it givesme problems when trying to scan for all networks.i dont know the reason behind this. The command used is airodump-ng --berlin 600 ra0. Please help if u can.thx

Just burned his ISO oliverkrystal's Avatar

Default Re: Rosewill RNX-EasyN1 Monitor and Injection Mode Works

Sorry, but I can't. I'm barely able to get this thing in monitor mode do to my skill level. My next project is to crack some wep passwords with the adaptor, but I need to setup my other laptop to generate some traffic. I should have specified that I am using Backtrack 4 R2 as a relatively fresh install. I haven't modified what drivers I'm using.

The only thing I can think of is to post what lsusb reports so we can confirm that the adapter is using the same wireless chip, and then to check what driver BT has decided to load.
    ------
    * Just trying to help as well as I can with what little I know. If I say something wrong, please tell me!
    * Made a thread and solved a problem? Make sure to say so.