3. Quick start
PLEASE read the full manual, but for the impatient, here is the BARE
MINIMUM needed to get Kismet working:
* Download Kismet from http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml
* Run "./configure". Pay attention to the output! If Kismet cannot
find all the headers and libraries it needs, major functionality may
be missing. Most notably, compiling Kismet yourself will require
the development packages and headers, usually called foo-dev or
* Make sure that all the functionality you need was enabled properly in
configure. Almost all users will need pcap and libnl support for
* Compile Kismet with "make".
* Install Kismet with either "make install" or "make suidinstall".
YOU MUST READ THE "SUID INSTALLATION & SECURITY" SECTION OF THE
README OR YOUR SYSTEM MAY BE INSECURE.
* If you have installed Kismet as suid-root, add your user to the