Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1

    Is there any status on this on BT2 final?

    I don't get mine in monitor mode..

  2. #2
    Member Eristic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    188

    Default

    What hardware version do you have? B1 is the best for compatibility with backtrack. ALso, it might appear as rausb0.


    wlanng is not on bt2final. You'll have to roll your own

  3. #3
    Senior Member shamanvirtuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    mine is in monitor mode cracking fine
    rev c1 f/w 3.00
    must plug after start completed ... ifconfig rausb0 up;iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor........

    this with NATIVE DRIVER ON RELEASE

    you can try also the rt2x00 driver rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

    hope can helps...........
    see u

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    What hardware version do you have? B1 is the best for compatibility with backtrack. ALso, it might appear as rausb0.


    wlanng is not on bt2final. You'll have to roll your own
    I got C1 (as the topic tells ).

    Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    mine is in monitor mode cracking fine
    rev c1 f/w 3.00
    must plug after start completed ... ifconfig rausb0 up;iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor........

    this with NATIVE DRIVER ON RELEASE

    you can try also the rt2x00 driver rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

    hope can helps...........
    see u
    Okey, thnx. I will try this when i get home

  5. #5
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Question

    Hmm, the card is comming up and airodump-ng is starting. It look like it works.

    I authenticate with an computer over the WPA net.

    I get the .cap files. When I then try to run aircrack-ng i just gets "No valid WPA handshakes found." I have tried to use airplay and deauthenticate but that did not seems to work (the "user" computer is not getting deauthenticated).

    I also try to reauthenticate to the net manually.

    I'm trying to follow this guide: aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=cracking_wpa

    I skip the first step and uses what shamanvirtuel said to get the card in monitor mode.. boot from bt2 final live cd. Plug in the card and then run ifconfig rausb0 up;iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor

    How can i check if i use NATIVE driver?

  6. #6
    Senior Member shamanvirtuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    use the rt2xOO driver will work good
    the pb is that the 2 drivers have same name
    so you need to remove (uninstall) native driver
    and make make install modprobe the new rt73 driver

    if anywhone know a way to install it easier please tell it to us will help
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

    BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    use the rt2xOO driver will work good
    the pb is that the 2 drivers have same name
    so you need to remove (uninstall) native driver
    and make make install modprobe the new rt73 driver
    sounds good, but how do i do this? I am new to linux..

    And can I then follow this guide: aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=cracking_wpa ?

    I am only going to do this as a test. So can i then:
    - Start traffic dump
    - Authenticate with an computer
    - Crack it with a password file that got the correct password?

    should that work?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •