Thread: install.sh / ubiquity problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default install.sh / ubiquity problem

Booted BT4r2 usb stick, started X, ran install.sh, after creating ext3fs on sdb1 (the target for the install). Manual partition setup, specified sdb1 for root and sdb3 for swap (already a swap partition for Arch Linux that boots on sda.) Ended up with this:

The installer needs to commit changes to partition tables,
    but cannot do so because partitions on the following mount
    points could not be unmounted:

/media/cdrom0

Please close any applications using these mount points.

Would you like the installer to try to unmount these partitions again?

Really? Commit what changes? I did not change the partitions at all, I just set sdb1 to be the root, "/", for this install. Also, unchecked install boot loader, as I'll just point the grub config on sda to boot sdb1 when "Backtrack" is selected in the grub boot menu.

I've a backup plan that will work, as it involves using Arch Linux, dd and a GBit connection and not ubiquity, however, I'm curious why no changes to the partition table have to be commited and why cdrom0 has anything to do with it? I checked mount in a terminal and found references to sda and hda, but no sdb's anywhere, and that's the only HD that should have been touched at all.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: install.sh / ubiquity problem

Did you try to boot and install from your ORIGINAL bootable Live USB (UNetbootin-BackTrack ISO)?

I had a very similar problem where it seemed I could not install BT4 from an INSTALL of BT4, if you know what I mean. It had to be from the ORIGINAL bootable Live USB (UNetbootin-BackTrack ISO).

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: install.sh / ubiquity problem

That was it. I just did an install on my new work issued laptop and I had problems again, but installing from a DVD (with BT4, R2) went smooth. Did notice one thing, the installer used ALL swap partitions on the target system, but I only specified one. Not a big deal, but not expected behavior.