Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: macchanger on startup.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

this method is more accurate, surely
    i just throw the easiest method i know, except of other init states it will work

but the method of inet conf is better surely
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Understood. So to recap, any network hardware configurations and starting, such as macchanger, wireless setup, setting addresses, etc, should go in to /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1. Any network services configurations and starting such as sshd, apache, whatever, should go in to /etc/rc.d/rc.inet2. Any KDE customization for that specific logging in user, such as starting "leetmode" should go in to ~/.kde/Autostart.

A good place for anyone to learn more about the boot process and what gets executed when, would be to examine the /etc/inittab file, and follow the various init state scripts.

Also, if for any reason you don't want to edit the system startup scripts, then at least put it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local. But you shouldn't put network hardware configurations there. The hardware really should be configured before services start.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by armedpilot View Post
    Just throwing in my two cents in here, I know I'm late in the game, but you shouldn't be using the kde Autostart directory for any network configuration. It's purpose is to autostart KDE applications. Network configurations, such as this specific one belong in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 . Put the macchanger command, preferably with full path, at the beginning of script. The command should run before receiving an IP address, and before network services (/etc/rc.d/rc.inet2) start. Putting it in Autostart, doesn't allow for you to boot in to any other init state, and get the same results.
    Ok..so I should move my MACCHANGER.sh and the temp MACCHANGER.sh~ to /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 ???? Instead of the .kde/autostart?? Will it automatically change my cards MAC address like it does in the .kde/autostart??My WG111v2 wont connect to the internet so I dont need to worry about any network settings like I.P addresses..weird though that this card wont work with these commands

ifconfig wlan0 down
    iwconfig wlan0 (essid) (name of network) key (key#)------->>> I get error here that says "Error for wireless request "set code" (8B2A : SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported....This is where I stop and give up...Ive tried everything I can think of. :-(
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    dhcpcd wlan0

The rc.inet1 and rc.inet2 and rc.local etc... are all scripts that will run when the system boots up (depending on which init your booting, but for our conversation, assume that it will always use these scripts). So, you just need to edit the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 script and add the macchanger command to it before it gets it's IP address in the script.

Can you post the output from a "iwconfig" command. No options, just "iwconfig". I don't have that card, so can only give generic troubleshooting thoughts.

The rc.inet1 and rc.inet2 and rc.local etc... are all scripts that will run when the system boots up (depending on which init your booting, but for our conversation, assume that it will always use these scripts). So, you just need to edit the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 script and add the macchanger command to it before it gets it's IP address in the script.
    Thx for clearing that up for me..Ill try it this evening!

Can you post the output from a "iwconfig" command. No options, just "iwconfig". I don't have that card, so can only give generic troubleshooting thoughts.
    ok...im hand coping all of this from my laptop to here on my Desktop....

I do ifconfig wlan0 down

iwconfig wlan0 essid Pirates key 00:11:22:33:44:55 hit enter then I get Error for wireless request "set code" (8B2A : SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported..

so then I do iwconfig and it says....

lo............................no wireless extensions.

eth0........................no wireless extensions.

wlan0.....................802.11b/g ESSID:"PIRATE" (notice it leaves the s off of Pirates?????)

Mode:Managed Channel=3 Access Point: Not-Associated (note..my AP is on channel 6 and it says here ch 3)
    Bit-Rate=11Mb/s Tx-Power=26 dBm
    Retry: on Fragment thr: off
    Encryption key: off
    Link Quality:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

Now i do dhcpcd wlan0 and the only thing that changes is that it goes to ch 6 now and everything else in iwconfig stays the same

I also have no other integrated wireless NIC like broadcom card or anything else attached to my comp...just me..the laptop and my WG111v2

I did a quick forum search for WG11v2 and there seems to be a lot of threads on it. One of them may have more detailed information concerning the card than I can supply, as I don't have one.

Ahh..Ive scoured the forum several times before...but it dosent matter...sometimes this month Im getting a new card...either a ubiquiti src, Proxim’s ORINOCO Gold 8470-WD..or a Alfa AWUS036H... But thanks for the help anyways armedpilot.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Just burned his ISO imported_h4x0r's Avatar

Default macchanger on bootup

hello @ll
    i'v tried to change my mac BEFORE it gets any ip.
    if i now put the line "/usr/local/bin/macchanger --random eth0" in my "/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1" file it says me on boot that the mac will changed but after i login and call "ifconfig" eth0 is down.

i tried the macchanger command at several positions.
    first at the beginning of the script: nothing happend
    then in the loop for the eth devices: nothing happened
    then in the check if dhcpcd is running: the MAC changen but eth0 is down
    then i added after the macchanger command "/sbin/ifconfig $eth up" cuz $eth seems the variabel of eth0 in the loop (cuz that if i us this script on a computer with more than 2 cards it works for every card)
    then i tried it hardcoded with eth0 not $eth (in both cases macchanger and ifconfig): the same result. mac changed but eth0 down.
    on boot i see the msg's that the MAC changed and then comes "dhcpcd: MAC = Faked_MAC"
    without my macchanger lines it says me there "dhcpcd: your ip adress blahblah"

where or what is my mistake?

thx for help

greetZ
    h4x0r

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123