Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: macchanger on startup.

tristania

Question macchanger on startup.

Hi,

is there a way macchanger change automatcly my real mac on startup without typing it everytime?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

easily with including a script in ./root/kde/autostart
    in script invoke
    macchanger --random eth0(or ur interface)

see u

Question

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    easily with including a script in ./root/kde/autostart
    in script invoke
    macchanger --random eth0(or ur interface)

see u
    Sorry for the noob question....but where is this script invoke??I tried opening a konsole window and I tried script invoke macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 and it said invalid option. And can I make it instead of macchanger --random eth0(or ur interface) make it macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0?? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xploitz View Post
    Sorry for the noob question....but where is this script invoke??I tried opening a konsole window and I tried script invoke macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 and it said invalid option. And can I make it instead of macchanger --random eth0(or ur interface) make it macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0?? Thanks for your help.
    Code:
    alias Fake_MAC="macchanger --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0"
    Now, to invoke that command, all you have to do is open a konsole and type "Fake_MAC" and it should run the command. Perhaps then, you can put the "Fake_MAC" command in the ./root/kde/autostart

The "Fake_MAC" command of course can be changed to whatever you please. I'm not sure if this will work, so don't quote me on it. It's just my stab in the dark.

Well..i typed this EXACTLY

alias Fake_MAC="macchanger --mac=00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0"

and it looks like it accepted it...but when I opened another window and typed Fake_MAC is said...

-bash: Fake_MAC: command not found

but when i typed Fake_MAC= it gave me a new command line...also...how do I move that command to the ./root/kde/autostart folder?? I don't see kde listed under root...hmm...mabey I'm not looking in the right place? I'm new to Linux and I love it...but I'm still not all that familiar with locations of stuff yet.

Is it hidden? I'm not sure if B|T hides folders by default like Ubuntu does. Hit ctrl+H to see if any new folders show up. Also, try FakeMac (no underscore). Just a guess.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

just want to say you create a text file name xxx.sh in /root/kde/autostart
    in this text file write
    macchanger --random eth0 (or the name of your interface)
    save it
    tht's all i think
    will assign a totaly random mac to your interface at each time kde start
    you can also link the file to desktop after ... this make it both autostart and on demand start

see u

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    Is it hidden? I'm not sure if B|T hides folders by default like Ubuntu does. Hit ctrl+H to see if any new folders show up. Also, try FakeMac (no underscore). Just a guess.
    Well, Ctrl+H didnt work...but you got me thinking on the right path Eristic..Im very windows suave and I thought to myself "I wonder if Linux is like Windows?" And yep it was....I opened my Konqueror home folder and went to the view tab and there it was!! SHOW HIDDEN FOLDERS!!! So thanks for helping me learn a little about Linux today.

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    just want to say you create a text file name xxx.sh in /root/kde/autostart
    in this text file write
    macchanger --random eth0 (or the name of your interface)
    save it
    that's all i think
    will assign a totally random mac to your interface at each time kde start
    you can also link the file to desktop after ... this make it both autostart and on demand start

see u

Ok..I followed what you said EXACTLY...but there is some confusion...please bare with me...

1. I make a text document and named it MACCHANGER.sh not .txt right? and it made the icon look like a windows command prompt. Also i get this little dot like a period at the beginning on my .sh txt and it follows to the end of my macchanger --random wlan0. (wlan.with the dot) and I tried it without the dot...to no success of changing my mac address. :-( I can however manually do macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0 in a shell window and it will change my mac address.

2. After I made that I noticed that the system made another icon next to my MACCHANGER.sh..it looks like a white coffe cup and it is called MACCHANGER.sh~ again...is this normal??

3. After saving it...I rebooted the system and I get a pop-up of my MACCHANGER.sh with that command in it. Is this normal?? And I did ifconfig wlan0 in a shell window and the mac address is still the same...any other suggestions..I don't mind doing a little trial and error guys...just throw me a little bone...lol

2. The ~file is a temp file I believe.

I'll work on this when I get home, maybe I can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    2. The ~file is a temp file I believe.

I'll work on this when I get home, maybe I can figure it out.

Ok then...thanks Eristic ....i apprecieate the help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast