Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do tools here ever make it into Backtrack?

Default Re: Do tools here ever make it into Backtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by Sys7emR00t View Post
    Excuse me. I meant only that challenging the"use" of such an application shouldn't be questionable since I'm offering it to a security community that uses such applications to test and harden their own and other's computer networks.
    I didnt challenge the use of it at all, I asked what the use was. Not an altogether unreasonable question.

I also pointed out some potential problems that you would need to address if you intended it for use in contracted penetration tests. But since you dont intend it for that type of use, you dont need to address this. I do suggest however that you should point out in the documentation of the tool that its not intended for that purpose, because some people may make assumptions to the contrary about the tool if its included with BackTrack - a penetration testing distribution.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

If I was to divide my time on the forums to where I spend most of it, then 1/3 here 1/3 bugs, and the last third on the rest of the forums.
    So yes we look and if you notice threads with something similar to [BLAH BLAH] in square brackets then that will tell you if I submitted the tool for inclusion, or otherwise. That's just my way of helping the other guys so they know there is no need to waste time looking at a given thread.
    Sometimes I let threads set to see if they will gain traction from others who would also like to have them included into BT.
    There are many tools, but as a team we don't see the need for them to be included, case in point, FireFox add-ons that a user could easily grab themselves.

Did you get my message?

Developer

Yes I did, I am not certain that this script can be useful in backtrack. Its still under review though. I dont understand why you are even downloading them since the entire database is already on the distro.

Hmm...I wasn't aware of that, I developed on another box. I'm working out a timeout and can send you v2 code later this week, jsut let me know if it's an option. I received some interest both in this thread and private messages about the tool, and I feel like it would be fitting for the repositories, if not to be included in the next distro version.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sys7emR00t View Post
    Hmm...I wasn't aware of that, I developed on another box. I'm working out a timeout and can send you v2 code later this week, jsut let me know if it's an option. I received some interest both in this thread and private messages about the tool, and I feel like it would be fitting for the repositories, if not to be included in the next distro version.
    Send me the next version and I will review it again, it would be smarter to use the exploitdb already in backtrack since many times on a internal pentest we do not have internet access

Excellent point. I'll have to do a bit of modifying and I'm working on a few other projects, but I'll send it over as soon as I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12