Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using SET and LocalHost shows up as 0.0.0.0 <-- im using a vmware workstation bridged

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Using SET and LocalHost shows up as 0.0.0.0 <-- im using a vmware workstation bridged

I am running the vm version of backtrack. i start SET = social engineering toolset. clone a site and in never asks for a ip address for the listner. i had it ask me once but the ip i entered was wrong. now when i go through the steps i get local host 0.0.0.0 port 4444.
    any help would be appreciated. thanks
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Default Re: Using SET and LocalHost shows up as 0.0.0.0 <-- im using a vmware workstation bri

Well, do you know what is LHOST ? Because 0.0.0.0 is perfectly fine for me...
    Maybe you could tell us a little bit more about what you are trying to do ?

Default Re: Using SET and LocalHost shows up as 0.0.0.0 <-- im using a vmware workstation bri

You clearly need to do a bit more reading on SET and how the tool works. The metasploit unleashed tutorial has some good stuff on SET and there are quite a few guides on the web. In addition I would learn what "Local Host" means in the context of IPv4 networking.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Renek View Post
    You clearly need to do a bit more reading on SET and how the tool works. The metasploit unleashed tutorial has some good stuff on SET and there are quite a few guides on the web. In addition I would learn what "Local Host" means in the context of IPv4 networking.
    so i have been reading. I think i get it. I just have one more question. Do we have to enter a ip for the hose listener any more because i dont get asked?

Quote Originally Posted by Renek View Post
    In addition I would learn what "Local Host" means in the context of IPv4 networking.
    Further 0.0.0.0 has a significant meaning, google is your friend.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Developer

There is a setting in the config file which autodetects your local IP. If you turn this setting to off it wll ask you more questions about Ip's and NAT. the 0.0.0.0 is just the way python displays the IP, its fine.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    There is a setting in the config file which autodetects your local IP. If you turn this setting to off it wll ask you more questions about Ip's and NAT. the 0.0.0.0 is just the way python displays the IP, its fine.
    thanks for the help everyone.

So if my listener is working do i put in the ip of my VM or the ip of my windows machine to direct people to the cloned site?

I believe you missed what purehate said.
    There is a setting in the config file which autodetects your local IP.
    SET automatically grabs your local IP which means you shouldn't need to input any other IP. This is of course assuming you are using browser autopwn or a similar method. Directing people to the cloned site is a matter of doing some DNS/ARP spoofing. You'll have to forgive me if SET is doing this for you, haven't used the tool that much but if you want to "direct" people to a website that's how I'd do it.

For some further help you are gonna have to post exactly what attack vectors you are using and what you hope to accomplish.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

Just burned his ISO

ok i just installed on a partition and got it to work. so when sending a link to someone outside my network what ip do i give them? the same 192.168.1.??? that wont work right?

another question. i have it working but its just blank. how do i start the connection to the session. i tried sessions -i (number off session) and it just disconnected me

http://www.social-engineer.org/frame...r_Toolkit_(SET)

you should up on it.
    It'll make things allot easier to understand the things your having trouble with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast