Thread: WICS Manager say bad password every time.

Just burned his ISO

Question WICS Manager say bad password every time.

im using backtrack 4 r2 from portable hdd , when i open internet manage all the networks are there including mine , it connected the first time with the right phrase but now even that the password is right it wont connect always get bad password , is there a way to fix this , also what is the safest way to update the programs inside backtrack? thanks for the help

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: WICS Manager say bad password every time.

Quote Originally Posted by fokeiro View Post
    im using backtrack 4 r2 from portable hdd , when i open internet manage all the networks are there including mine , it connected the first time with the right phrase but now even that the password is right it wont connect always get bad password , is there a way to fix this , also what is the safest way to update the programs inside backtrack? thanks for the help
    i have the same problem, not every time i boot , but most times! i have found the "wicd-curses" from services, network menu to work for me... good luck

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Hi, did you check the post "How to start networking in BT ?" ? Generally speaking, did you check other posts ?
    Anyway, maybe you didn't choose the right option (passphrase, hex, etc.) or wicd changed it itself for some reason... So try and change that, then try again to connect.
    I'm not assuming you are, but if you were attempting to penetrate someone else's network, then that might indicate mac filtering. How to get rid of that is totally up to you though.

Hope this helps ! Keep us posted and don't forget to say how you solved it, for others might find it helpful.

Did you maybe change your keyboard layout? Check if it is set correctly in the lower right hand corner.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Im going to guess its a wep passphrase? Try setting the type of password to WEP(Hex [0-9/A-F]). Worked perfect for me had the same problem.

check to make sure the authentication is set accordingly i.e. if you are using wpa check if its set to "passphrase" or "preshared key" if you are using wep check between "hex" "passphrase" or "shared" if encryption is set incorrectly you will get that same bad password message