Thread: I screwed up Gparted really bad

Just burned his ISO

Angry I screwed up Gparted really bad

I was drunk and lascked sleep and stopped Gparted halfway through a partition resize. I did something wrong with a textfile I was told to write and shut it's Konsole down when I shouldn't have because I wasn't told that it would stop the whole network down if I did I thought it would just stop the airmon-ng from running. Then without the Internet I reinstalled win7 again because I had zero network on either HDD backtrack Win7 or the live CD. nThe Internet finally came back up but only after I had two bactracks installed and win7 sandwiched in the middle of them. Why it started working again I don't know, Backtrack is very very very powerfull and in my drunken sleep deprived state I thought I had been hacked and was now some hackers mail server. I know very little about linux and am barely able to understand the half of anything Backtrack has as I am a windows user trying to get away from it but because all of the versions of linux I try I find I mess them up so bad I lose my dualboot hdd and windows files too. I need to recover some of the docs I had very badly. The other stuff I don't care about. Can someone please tell me if I can get some of this data back?

r083rt

Default Re: I screwed up Gparted really bad

lol i think your still drunk hard to make out what you are saying the giest is you fuc**d up lol
    http://www.sorgonet.com/linux/grubrestore/

option 1
    if your computer is not booting up as the grub file is messed up you need to boot from the bt4 cd locate the hardrive you install backtrack and cd into it the edit the grub file
    nano /boot/grub/menu.lst the link above will give you a step by step

option 2
    boot from bt4 cd and locate the hardrive search for your documents put them on a usb and delete all partions and start again

but as beginner your better of using virtual box in windows as if your not sure
    what files your play around with if you mess up again and dont know how to fix it youll be back where you started

sorry its a bit vauge but your post drifts in and out of Consciousness you jumped from
    writing to a file to the internet to airmon lol then thinking you were being hacked
    ouch my head hurts

r083rt

Default Re: I screwed up Gparted really bad

Quote Originally Posted by machv View Post
    I was drunk and lascked sleep and stopped Gparted halfway through a partition resize. I did something wrong with a textfile I was told to write and shut it's Konsole down when I shouldn't have because I wasn't told that it would stop the whole network down if I did I thought it would just stop the airmon-ng from running. Then without the Internet I reinstalled win7 again because I had zero network on either HDD backtrack Win7 or the live CD. nThe Internet finally came back up but only after I had two bactracks installed and win7 sandwiched in the middle of them. Why it started working again I don't know, Backtrack is very very very powerfull and in my drunken sleep deprived state I thought I had been hacked and was now some hackers mail server. I know very little about linux and am barely able to understand the half of anything Backtrack has as I am a windows user trying to get away from it but because all of the versions of linux I try I find I mess them up so bad I lose my dualboot hdd and windows files too. I need to recover some of the docs I had very badly. The other stuff I don't care about. Can someone please tell me if I can get some of this data back?
    Dual Boot « BackTrack Linux – Penetration Testing Distribution