Thread: continue wpa crack

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default continue wpa crack

Hi, I was trying to crack my wpa network and during my crack, my computer just randomly shut down so I booted it back up, and wanted to know how to continue with the wpa crack without having to do everything again. there are already all those files on my desktop still such as password-01.cap and password-01.cvs and etc...
    The last command i used was aircrack-ng password-01.cap -w /root/wpa.txt
    It doesn't bother me having to start from the beginning of the dictionary, I just want to know how to do it without having to get the handshake and everything else again.
    Thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: continue wpa crack

My guess is that your computer over-heated. Might want to look into that first, before you go wasting your time doing cpu intensive tasks such as cracking passwords.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

r083rt

if you have already captured the handshake and where in the middle of trying to crack it
    the capture file has the handshake no need to restart the procedure again

as arch angel says I would run memory and cpu test while doing your cracking to see
    if it is overloading if you find your computer is very slow while cracking its time to get a new computer and give that one back to scientist's so they can study how man first built computers

meanwhile
    http://tools.question-defense.com/wpa-password-cracker/

try using one on the mods websites and send your capture file $10.00 wont break the bank

read up on wpa beore you start getting excited about trying to crack it

Just burned his ISO

No, I figured out why it turned off, it is because somebody had picked it up and the battery had been knocked out lol so I got the clip fixed now so that won't happen anymore. But how do I continue with aircrack? I don't want to have to get the handshake and everything else again and everything is still on my desktop that I think I require.

also one last question, I have a large 30 gb dictionary and was wondering how to split it up so that aircrack will be able to use it, and after it is split up do I have to do aircrack for each dictionary, or will it automatically do the other parts as well.
    Thanks

r083rt

Quote Originally Posted by neilman01 View Post
    No, I figured out why it turned off, it is because somebody had picked it up and the battery had been knocked out lol so I got the clip fixed now so that won't happen anymore. But how do I continue with aircrack? I don't want to have to get the handshake and everything else again and everything is still on my desktop that I think I require.

also one last question, I have a large 30 gb dictionary and was wondering how to split it up so that aircrack will be able to use it, and after it is split up do I have to do aircrack for each dictionary, or will it automatically do the other parts as well.
    Thanks
    if you have already captured the handshake and where in the middle of trying to crack it and the world fell apart and the magical fixed it self the capture file wont lose the handshake no need to restart the procedure again
    just start aircrack again

split -b 2048m filename this will split it into 2gb files as aircrcak has a limit on file size 2gb is its max the file names will be renames as xaa,xab etc etc