Thread: How to install the new driver patch for RTL8187 (ALFA USB AWUS036H) ??

ALFA-Romeo

Default How to install the new driver patch for RTL8187 (ALFA USB AWUS036H) ??

With the current drivers included on backtrack 2.0 there are serious problems to connect to Networks & do Mac-Spoofing

@ patches.aircrack-ng.org/rtl8187_2.6.20v3.patch[/url] there´s a Patch that should fix theses problems. But i have no clue how to integrate this patch on the .iso or install it to backtrack.

anyone can help?

Go to the aircrack website... Since they are creating and maintaininng the patches and follow there directions. There is a link that say Installing ............

Mineis working ok now but would be coolto see if the patch will make it any better.

I took a look at the aircrack site myself but seems like a lot of stuff there, I'm also a little confused

ALFA-Romeo

hmm...theres a manual @ aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=r8187
    ...at least this should work 4 Ubuntu.

I will try this way now and let u know if it works.

ALFA-Romeo

i´ve did it the way they wrote it in the manual...it worked, but many warnings during the process.

I tried to connect by the Wireless-Assistant to a unencrypted network, and finally theres a connection-sign in the task-tray. I didnt got that far with the original-drivers. But theres still no real connection to establish, i cannot ping the router and so on...

If anyone successfully connects to a router, please share the knowledge

Just burned his ISO

Hi,

yes i can connect wie a router, but just with a Zyxel router, all others doesn't work. I don't know. I tried the new driver and patch from Aircrack-ng, but the problem is still here.